End fortress portal problem

heecks

Jul 29, 2019
My problem is, me, my friend and my brother went on adventure for finding a end fortress. Used our ender pearl, found the location and we digged until the area was a crater. ( I found it in vanilla so its not a ender pearl problem I think ). But we found nothing after 2 hours of digging. We tryed to change location to find another one but it seem its always lead us to the same location.

Is there a bug about end fortress ? or anything changed about how finding it in ftb mindcrack 8.2.0 ?

heecks

Jul 29, 2019
Ok thank you, I was sure something was wrong about it. However, what is the mapping utility you are talking about ? And what about moving 3000 meters aways from the damn place I was lead to ? 3000 meters is it enought?

heecks

Jul 29, 2019
I dont have any knowledge about ... third party programs. I will look tomorrow what it is but for now, my bed call me :confused: thank !

Endyl192

Jul 29, 2019
Well for finding the strongholds I'd suggest Amidst, if modded minecraft generates them at the same coordinates as vanilla would (why would it not). And using it, you don't need to mess with your world save, you only need the seed.

Tsukasa

Jul 29, 2019
Well for finding the strongholds I'd suggest Amidst, if modded minecraft generates them at the same coordinates as vanilla would (why would it not). And using it, you don't need to mess with your world save, you only need the seed.

I don't think the stronghold generation is the same, but I could be wrong.

heecks

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure about seed...my game is on a server not solo. Not sure if server have seed do they ?

Endyl192

Jul 29, 2019
Of course servers have seed. You can get it with the /seed command, if you have the right to use it on the server.

As for the stronghold location in modded mc, I've just tried it with my Ultimate world, and it was roughly at same area (note: amidst never was the most accurate tool, at least for me). Anyway it should give you a rough idea about where all the three strongholds could be. If one matches the coordinates where the eye of ender led you, you should be good to check the other two location. At least it's worth a try in my opinion.

ps.: You will, however, need vanilla mc on the computer you are running amidst, as it won't run with modified 'minecraft.jar's I think.

hotblack desiato

Jul 29, 2019
suggestion to solve that problem

first, you could search for the other two strongholds in overworld. and mystcraft is capable of spawning strongholds too. so if everything fails, generate a mystcraft world with stronghold and explore the end from there. especially stronghold + voidworld is fun, since the strongholds are openly visible :)

Skirty_007

Jul 29, 2019
ps.: You will, however, need vanilla mc on the computer you are running amidst, as it won't run with modified 'minecraft.jar's I think.

You can open it up separately and type in the seed, instead of opening the jar with it. Much easier imho (apart from the fact you have to type in a large number accurately!)

Reactions: heecks

heecks

Jul 29, 2019
suggestion to solve that problem

first, you could search for the other two strongholds in overworld. and mystcraft is capable of spawning strongholds too. so if everything fails, generate a mystcraft world with stronghold and explore the end from there. especially stronghold + voidworld is fun, since the strongholds are openly visible :)
We dont have mystcraft with mindcrack.

brujon

Jul 29, 2019
When i tried Amidst to find stuff i wanted, it didn't work with FTB because ExtraBiomesXL changes world generation. SOMETIMES it would give me the correct location of something, but it was pretty hit or miss, like about 15% of the time it gave me correct information, the rest of the time it was junk.

I used it because i wanted to find a Mushroom Island biome to live in. All mushroom islands Amidst pointed me at, didn't exist at all. DW20 pack btw. As a last resort, you can always use creative to cheat your way into the End. Which is justified if the world simply for some unknown reason generated without Strongholds, or they got eaten up by something.

heecks

Jul 29, 2019
Used the server seed and had the MC vanilla open then started the amidst. I have a map...look ok but not accurate 100% Now I will look for the stronghold and see if I can find something.

heecks

Jul 29, 2019
you are going to have to go far away from where the pearl leads you to "this" fotress.

there was (is?) a small glitch with XL biomes that prevents the fort from generating inside some xlbiomes.

The good news is that the server generates THREE of them.

Go ahead and use a mapping utility if you want, it's well justified at this point.
Finally I went far from the ' false stronghold ' and...yes I found one using standard method with the ender pearl.

Reactions: Guswut

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
well, sorry, don't take me to the gallows!

Don't worry, misspelling and ignorance is not a hanging offense.

...Yet. Dun dun DUN.

But if you are going to correct someone, then you better correct them properly, eh?

heecks

Jul 29, 2019
First, is an ender eye, second, you need to keep trowing it till it goes downwards
First, my game is in french so its a ' oeil des limbes ' second you mixte a blaze powder with the eye of ender with it. Then you throw that eye of ender and you follow the direction he is showing. I played MC in vanilla and I know how its work. I found the end portal by now we going to kill dragon tonight just had to wait for someone. Like someone said and I didnt know about it, sometime look like XL biome make a glitch.