Enchanting Mod

jtsfour

Jul 29, 2019
Ok so i have mod thats been in the works for a while i left it alone for a while so i think im going to do another major system rework. This is what it will do. So Enchanting is like a buff you can add to a weapon at least in vanilla its that way but in this mod YOU make the enchantment literally.... you find old enchanted items and/or experiment to find "Affects" you can add. The enchantments work like drag and drop programming but its really simple it consists of Triggers Logic and Actions so a trigger is like an event so if you where working on a sword it could be "Hit Entity" so it activates when you hit an entity then the actions that are linked in the Hit Entity Thread would activate some inert like particle affects some dangerous like lightning almost anything can be enchanted even Blocks. A cool fact about this system is that it is designed for addon mods to add Actions and triggers and Logic. Logic are like simple if statements or something similar like Hit entity if entity==Zombie do............... i also have a lot of items honestly i have a lot of features planned but i dont feel like going through my notes so i can write a few more paragraghs here.
So i have a few questions
1 Do you have any ideas for Actions,Triggers or Logic Nodes?
2 Do you like this idea?
3 Would you play this?
4 Please tell me any functionality requests you have for this system
5 Please give me any tips you have.
Thanks.
Oh yeah i cant think of a name if you have a cool idea for one pls tell.

And for experienced mod devs i need a way to save data relative to an Item/Block I dont think ill use NBT........ or maybe part NBT part file idk....

Reactions: Lethosos

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
I like the idea. From the sounds of it, you should use nbt to save the enchantment, so I'm curious why you don't want to.

jtsfour

Jul 29, 2019
The enchantments will be big so storing all of it in nbt could get complicated and some of the things i want to be able to enchant might not have nbt so enchanted blocks may have to wait i was thinking storing an enchantment id in nbt then have that reference a file in an enchantment folder

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
The enchantments will be big so storing all of it in nbt could get complicated and some of the things i want to be able to enchant might not have nbt so enchanted blocks may have to wait i was thinking storing an enchantment id in nbt then have that reference a file in an enchantment folder
That's what you'd do anyway? You wouldn't need to store items tacks for each item you enchant with. Just give certain items an enchantment identifier (probably a string) and define its function depending on the Id.

I can't think of any way to logically do this without some sort of nbt. It just depends on how complex you want that nbt. If an item can only have 2 items for the enchantment, storing the full item stacks shouldn't really be a problem. If an item can have like 8+ then maybe.

Reactions: Pyure

jtsfour

Jul 29, 2019
with my UID system i think using nbt might be easier than i thought... enchantments could eventually get to around 50 nodes probably but that would be difficult ill use nbt just itll make things easier in the long haul