Enchanting mod items

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
with the recent addition of enchanted books and the anvil you are able to enchant certain mod items, like for example the drill and jetpack of IC2 and the long fall boots of portal gun. I am wondering if there are more mod items like this that don't get destroyed, but can get enchanted. and what kind of enchantings can go on them, and if they even do something for the item.

nsmyrnos

Jul 29, 2019
Nanosaber doesn't keep enchantments properly IME, as it changes the item when you enable/disable it.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
So, if you turned it on, then enchanted it...?
Would that make it use the enchantments?

AlfieSR

Jul 29, 2019
So, if you turned it on, then enchanted it...?
Would that make it use the enchantments?
Yes, but only until you turn it off or it runs out of power. It's not worth the hassle involved in keeping it charged when you could just enchant a diamond or thaumcraft sword with repair for a similar if not better effect.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, but only until you turn it off or it runs out of power. It's not worth the hassle involved in keeping it charged when you could just enchant a diamond or thaumcraft sword with repair for a similar if not better effect.

Ah, very good point you have there.. and in gregtech, those don't require iridium plates
Lost my last one to a glitch T.T

But if I remember right, I'm sure that somebody on our server enchanted theirs, and turning it on or off has made it keep the enchants, although I think they enchanted it while it was off, because they said it has the cursive title, and has the glowing effect of normal enchants on saber, but didn't have the enchant effects