Enchanting in FTB

Johny Idler

Jul 29, 2019
It is supposedly possible to get very high enchants using FTB mechanics that would otherwise not be possible. There is one guy on our server claiming to have a diamond sword with "Vorpal IV, Sharpness V, Knockback II, Unbreaking III, Fire Aspect II, Looting III". If that's true (and I believe it so - no creative enchanting) there must be some combination of book usage, anvil usage a recrafting using uncrafting table that allows this. But all my tries of even getting close to this enchant were in vain so far. I always end up on "too expensive" message from anvil. Anyone knows hot to get to this kind of ridiculous enchant?

Necr0maNceR

Jul 29, 2019
Naming resets the extra level cost, I believe. Also, it is sometimes cheaper to add two lv III enchantments to make a level IV enchantment, or two lv IIs to make a III. Don't do that until the very end of your enchanting chain though. Also start by enchanting with gold for best starting enchants, then recrafting it into something else later with the uncrafting table. Also, if you save fire aspect for last, then you can uncraft the sword into a fiery sword, then fire aspect II will be automatically added on. You can then recraft it into a diamond sword so it lasts longer. This will all cost a lot of levels of course, but it should work just fine.

HiZombies

Jul 29, 2019
I know that on vanilla Gold has the highest enchantablity but what about thaumic tools/armor is that higher?

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
Vorpal was added by RP2, I think many of the packs that had RP2 also had Enchanting Plus, so check NEI for the advanced enchantment table & you won't have to mess around with books & anvils.

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
It is supposedly possible to get very high enchants using FTB mechanics that would otherwise not be possible. There is one guy on our server claiming to have a diamond sword with "Vorpal IV, Sharpness V, Knockback II, Unbreaking III, Fire Aspect II, Looting III". If that's true (and I believe it so - no creative enchanting) there must be some combination of book usage, anvil usage a recrafting using uncrafting table that allows this. But all my tries of even getting close to this enchant were in vain so far. I always end up on "too expensive" message from anvil. Anyone knows hot to get to this kind of ridiculous enchant?

MFR has enchanting machines for stripping and adding enchants
Bibliocraft has a machine for duplicating enchanted books
OpenBlocks has the autoanvil, autoenchanter, and liquid XP
TiC has essense berries that when combined with TE3 autonomous activators can harvest XP berries automatically for 0 power
Thaumic Tinkerer has an alter thinggy that lets you pick that enchants you want for specific wand essentia cost

There are many ways, and thats just DW20's pack from memory.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Vorpal was added by RP2, I think many of the packs that had RP2 also had Enchanting Plus, so check NEI for the advanced enchantment table & you won't have to mess around with books & anvils.
Vorpal was unique at the time; now Project Red is back and you have Beheading, which requires less class levels in "Nerd" to understand.