Enchanted Item handling

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Using a FTB type modpack that adds Infernal Mobs and Zombie Awareness. We've survived the mobs long enough to get technology up, and have started to take advantage of mob spawning. One side effect is that there are a lot of enchanted item drops from our grinder setup.

How can I fully automate/sort these enchanted items to go to a disenchanter? I need some way of detecting if any type of item has an enchant on it, and if so, send it to my MFR disenchanter area.

Would it be possible with AE to detect a "Has Enchantment" condition?

Riuga

Jul 29, 2019
Using a FTB type modpack that adds Infernal Mobs and Zombie Awareness. We've survived the mobs long enough to get technology up, and have started to take advantage of mob spawning. One side effect is that there are a lot of enchanted item drops from our grinder setup.

How can I fully automate/sort these enchanted items to go to a disenchanter? I need some way of detecting if any type of item has an enchant on it, and if so, send it to my MFR disenchanter area.

Would it be possible with AE to detect a "Has Enchantment" condition?

iirc disenchanter will only allow items that have enchants to go in.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
True, but if these enchanted items are scattered in a stream of other resources, I need some way of filtering them to the disenchanter. Sounds like I'd need to filter everything else out first from this material source (all the possible mob drops), and assume what's left will just be the enchanted items.

Erywin

Jul 29, 2019
What if you did something similar to what DireWolf20 did in his current Forgecraft 1 Let's Play? You could adapt it to just have a regular chest that you dump enchanted items into and it will automatically disenchant it. Just use the second half of his system with the insertion pipe.