enableWorldGenOreTin=false

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
I also noticed that previously i had EVERY SINGLE (literally, every single) river biome as a checkerboard of water and land. Now i've generated a few worlds and flown around in creative, and sow this pattern on just a couple of occasions on a small area of a few chunks.

That is a known issue of ExtraBiomesXL. It crops up in lava lakes as well - quite weird to mine around at the bottom of the map, only to stumble on a lava lake with a checkerboard of grass blocks in it, plants growing on top!

You can fix the issue by removing the offending biome: set B:marsh.enablegeneration=false in the extrabiomes config. That way you still have all the other new biomes, but no longer any issues with this one.

(*snip*) For instance, in Twilight Forest I have found several large hollow hills that are normally shining with ores. Since the update from Beta to Mindcrack/Direwolf20, I am finding huge amounts of marble where stalagtites (sp?) of ores would be present, and there is a definite decrease in the amount of ores present within the hill.

Also a known issue. Redpower World really, really doesn't get along with anything else that modifies terrain gen. It spawns volcanoes in the middle of ExtraBiomesXL's redwood trees, runs afoul of Twilight Forest's specific terrain features in several ways at once, isn't entirely friendly with Mystcraft either and on occasion even screws with Thaumcraft 3's world feature placement. The reason is that Redpower World waits until everyone else has finished their terrain gen, then copy&pastes volcanoes haphazardly across the landscape, no matter what was there before. It also looks where a lot of smooth stone is exposed to air (for example inside Twilight Forest mounds), and replaces whole chunks of it with marble.

This wasn't an issue in the past, because few mods did as much as Redpower did back in the day. But then the 1.3 update came along and completely ruined Redpower - the mod got hit far harder than many others precisely because it did so much more than many others. And in the time it took Eloraam to completely rewrite it, a whole lot of new mods with terrain modification appeared on the scene. I cannot really imagine what's on Eloraam's mind, but I'm sure a perfectionist like her won't be happy with the way Redpower World currently works. I'm certainly keeping my fingers crossed for further development in that area.