Emitting Redstone Signal On Full-Liquid-Drum?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

MrStrategy

Feb 3, 2015
Kingwood, Texas
So I have an essence berry farm. The berry's are getting sent to an Autonomous activator, the orbs produced get sucked in by a sewer.

Basically, My question is, when my sewer(Extra Utilities Drum rather) gets full of Mob Essence, Is there a way that I can then cause a redstone signal to then emit so that I can use it to then turn off the autonomous activator so as to not continue building up xp orbs and eventually lag out the internal server?

T

Techly88

So I have an essence berry farm. The berry's are getting sent to an Autonomous activator, the orbs produced get sucked in by a sewer.

Basically, My question is, when my sewer(Extra Utilities Drum rather) gets full of Mob Essence, Is there a way that I can then cause a redstone signal to then emit so that I can use it to then turn off the autonomous activator so as to not continue building up xp orbs and eventually lag out the internal server?

I don't think there a direct way to do this but assuming you have BC (or some other mod that could do this) is to have a normal tank and a gate on it. Pump the essence to the barrel THEN once the tank fills up (get backloagged because of the drum being full) then you could have the gate emits a redstone signal/pluse/etc.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
A BC gate on a structure pipe or whatever can usually detect tanks fill state and output a Redstone signal accordingly. Very simple solution. But if you start pulling from the drum it will most likely start flickering on and off. I usually add a State Cell into the mix and use it to add a cooldown on how often it can trigger on and off.

Cpt_gloval

Oct 20, 2013
I'd have to check but I believe a vanilla comparator set against the drum will emit a redstone signal in levels equal to the fill level of the drum.
Then you just need to step out dust to the autonomous activator to stop at the fill level you want.

Reactions: asb3pe

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I'd have to check but I believe a vanilla comparator set against the drum will emit a redstone signal in levels equal to the fill level of the drum.
Then you just need to step out dust to the autonomous activator to stop at the fill level you want.

Not sure if this works for drums, but I definitely use this method on Railcraft Tank Valves and it works perfectly. Empty tank sends a zero signal, full tank sends a max (level 15) signal, half full tank sends a 7 or an 8, etc. I don't see why it wouldn't work for any inventory, including a drum.