Electron Tubes and Circuit Boards

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Taien

Jul 29, 2019
So with one of the recent updates (I haven't played in a while, since about MindCrack 7.0), the way circuit boards and electron tubes work was changed. There are lots of new tubes, and the board names changed. And now, for the life of me, I can't figure out how to attach tubes to boards anymore. I open up the soldering iron interface, place a few tubes on the left, and place the "Intricate Circuit Board" on the right, and no matter what configuration of tubes I use, I get "Layout Mismatch - Amount of tubes does not match size of circuit board." Even if I'm only using one tube (Bronze). I can't find any updated wiki information or notes from the author of the Forestry mod on these updates to tubes, and there doesn't seem to be any ingame information on it either. Does ANYONE know how tubes work now?

Taien

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I figured it out that day, but that was the issue. The boards don't tell you that they require that many tubes ingame, and previously you could attach less. The error text is a bit misleading since it says the same thing if you're short on tubes or using too many or using the wrong type for the board. That was the issue. Thanks :)