1. Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Electrical Furnace Exploding???

Discussion in 'General FTB chat' started by iRitch, Jul 18, 2013.

1. iRitch

iRitch New Member

Hey everyone, first of all just joined and not 100% sure that this is posted in the right place, so I apologize in advance. I have been playing FTB for a couple of weeks on survival now and kind of learning as I go. Whenever I run into a problem I just pop over to a different world and test some things out to make sure things will work. I have set up the infinite lava system with the pump and liquid disposers transporting it to my overworld from the Nether. I have 7 geothermal engines being powered by my lava tank. The geothermal engines are fed into a MFE currently until I can get the necessary mats for the MFSU which is just a couple more diamond. As of right now, I have the MFE powering 4 electrical engines connected to my AE system. However, when I connect the MFE to my electric furnace with 2x ins gold cables, my electrical furnace blows up. I am only using 2x ins gold cables. There are no other cables being used at this point. I went over to my creative world to test it out and my electrical furnace doesn't blow up and I pretty sure I used the exact same setup. Any ideas on why the Electric furnace blows up every time I connect it to the MFE with 2x insulated gold cables?

Thanks for any help in advance! I greatly appreciate it

2. DoctorOr

DoctorOr New Member

You've used excessive "voltage"

Whovian likes this.
  3. BlackFire

BlackFire New Member

With Industrialcraft 2, the power described as EU has 3 levels of voltage; LV, MV, and HV. The reason why your furnace is exploding is because it takes LV power without the upgrades. If you upgrade it, you can hook-up your MV power coming from the MFE.

Whovian likes this.
  4. RedBoss

RedBoss New Member

5. iRitch

iRitch New Member

I appreciate it guys! Thanks for all of your help!

RedBoss likes this.
  6. namiasdf

namiasdf New Member

You need to convert the MV - 128EU packets coming from the MFE into LV - 32EU packets which is the maximum packet size the furnace can receive. This is done with a LV transformer (wood and some copper cable). Learn this stuff fairly comprehensively or you will have exploding, expensive machines.

No fun. Well fun, then no fun.