Efficient Ore Production?

lavieen

Jul 29, 2019
What's the most efficient ore production that is renewable, like using this non-renewable resource to double ores don't count. But if this non-renewable resource is renewable in some other mod, then it counts. Thanks!:):)

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
magical crops is the easiest renewal system - grow your own ores. Fully configurable to your tastes as by default it's quite generous with it's outputs.
extra bees is another way, but requires a lot of bee breeding
MFR Mining Laser - energy sink that produces ore blocks

Reactions: PierceSG and rhn

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
What's the most efficient ore production that is renewable, like using this non-renewable resource to double ores don't count. But if this non-renewable resource is renewable in some other mod, then it counts. Thanks!:):)
Are you meaning ore processing or production ores without mining. You mention both in your post

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Renewable method?
MFR tree farm, process the logs into charcoal and feed them into RailCraft's steam boilers that produces steam for either ThermalExpansion's steam dynamos or RailCraft's steam engines or MFR's own steam turbine.

Use those to power MFR 4 Laser prechargers that powers the laser drill.

Or you could skip the steam boiler step and stick with just using TE steam dynamo. They can take in water and coal/charcoal directly too.

lavieen

Jul 29, 2019
Renewable method?
MFR tree farm, process the logs into charcoal and feed them into RailCraft's steam boilers that produces steam for either ThermalExpansion's steam dynamos or RailCraft's steam engines or MFR's own steam turbine.

Use those to power MFR 4 Laser prechargers that powers the laser drill.

Or you could skip the steam boiler step and stick with just using TE steam dynamo. They can take in water and coal/charcoal directly too.

But to speed things up use the op time torches from DartCraft!!:p

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
If you're into IC2, IC2 crops are another way.

Personally, I prefer bees. The MFR laser is too easy for my tastes. Between tree farms and Big Reactors, it's easy enough to get the power to run MFR laser(s).

Reactions: Padfoote

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
But I'm saying that combining that with other machinery might make it better.

you could say that they are like babies, because everything is better with babies. but since they work like multiplying x by y, they are completely irrelevant when comparing different xs, which i thought this thread was about.

so why did you bring them up again?
the idealist in me says that you just really wanna talk about them.
the realist in me says that you want someone to agree with your opinion on torches being "OP"

Tylor

Nov 24, 2012
Renewable method?
Isn't MFR BioGen more efective?

lavieen

Jul 29, 2019
you could say that they are like babies, because everything is better with babies. but since they work like multiplying x by y, they are completely irrelevant when comparing different xs, which i thought this thread was about.

so why did you bring them up again?
the idealist in me says that you just really wanna talk about them.
the realist in me says that you want someone to agree with your opinion on torches being "OP"

Hmmm... maybe you're right... maybe you're right...

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Isn't MFR BioGen more efective?

Tree farm is easier. It is just 1 kind of farm. For making Biofuel, it would be better if you could manage at least 5~6 different kinds of farm so the efficiency is better.

Say, the most common type of plantable crops would be wheat, carrot and potato? Melon and Pumpkin with some autocrafting processors to get the seeds out of them? Netherwarts can be farmed and fed to the bioreactor as well. So that is 6 kinds, if you get at least 3 different kind of tree farms, that will bring the numbers up to 9.
But if you have to have a tree farm anyway, why not just use the steam boilers? I mean, my 9 x 9 oak tree farm produces more than enough wood to process into charcoal to feed at least 2 steam boilers (it should be able to provide for more than just 2, I just have not tested the limits yet). That supports 18 steam dynamo (1440 RF/t) or 18 Industrial Steam Engines (144 MJ/t). Those charcoal can be used to fuel IC2 too (I guess? I've stopped playing with IC2/GT after 1.4.7).

tl;dr version
I find that a single tree farm is a lot easier, compared to making biofuel efficiently.