EE3 4 Gold=1 diamond ?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Reducing the life of the minium stone significantly would stop many of the balance complaints. These would be replaced with complaints at the nerf :p
It's already possible to do that. I changed mine to be -1 so it never takes damage. You could just as easily make it 64 or 256 or something of the like.

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
Well now we know, and knowing is half the battle!

All you single players and server owners who figure the minium stone to be too powerful can go configure it to 1, so you have to create one minium stone per diamond :D

OmegaPython

Jul 29, 2019
I think that if their where many different 'transmutation trees' it would work a lot better e.g. iron -> gold -> diamond, but not iron -> enderpearls. This would create further balance as you would still have to conduct various activities in your world (enderman farm) but you could still mine and get whatever mining resource out of that mine that you want. But not get a mob drop from a mining resource or vice versa.

Reactions: verid

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
Those 'exploits' are personal prefferances, but i personally have SERIOUS deficit of iron.. Yeah 8gold for diamond would be better but that enderpearl things seems balanced to me
there is no way to "balance" any transmutation when it comes to enderpearls due to the huge difference in the difficulty in aquiring them before and after you reach the End

TehAnder

Jul 29, 2019
there is no way to "balance" any transmutation when it comes to enderpearls due to the huge difference in the difficulty in aquiring them before and after you reach the End
Then don't use it or disable it. The new EE3 update will probably disable that anyway so just.. deal with it. I guess that's what we learned from this thread? Deal with it or disable it.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Then don't use it or disable it. The new EE3 update will probably disable that anyway so just.. deal with it. I guess that's what we learned from this thread? Deal with it or disable it.

If it took this thread for anyone to realize that then something is wrong mentally. That's the whole idea of the ability to edit the modpack. Don't like a mod? Get rid of it or ignore it. For some of the better mods if you don't like something it does disable it via config. On the same token if you think for yourself something is too weak change it via config. You can even add more mods. You don't need to tell anyone why you don't like it; it's irrelevant. Same with if you like it.