EE3 4 Gold=1 diamond ?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

NyanChicken

Jul 29, 2019
Using the minium stone you can turn 4 gold into a diamond is this intended or what?This just feels like ee2 all over again:confused:

ItharianEngineering

Jul 29, 2019
EE3 is still heavily in development. Direwolf added it to his pack because he wanted it regardless of any issues. Not only is the way we obtain the minium stone going to be different in the future, but 4 gold for 1 diamond is hardly unfair since diamonds are not as valuable as people make them out to be. The fact that you can turn 1 gold into 8 iron is much more valuable in my opinion, but this topic has been addressed before here: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/is-the-pattern-for-obsidian-from-ee3-intended.9858/
EE2 allowed people to obtain any item they wanted in ridiculous ways. Using 4 gold to create 1 diamond is nothing like creating diamonds from milk.

Zmaster27

Jul 29, 2019
heh. could be worse, at least you have to use something (antimatter relay and energy condenser i am looking at you!)

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
The transmutation part of EE2 was really never the broken part. Even the costs were not so bad. Especially given the inclusion of packs like TE where processing a single ore gives you a pretty good chance to get a much more valuable one as well.

EE2's first, biggest, and foremost problem was the collectors and how undercosted they were given that they had effectively infinite return value.

It's funny that EE2 gets such a bad rap for that, because a lot of the other mechanics in it were cool and fun and powerful in a way that could have been balanced if their very premise didn't violate the name of the mod.

Reactions: Confidential1207

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
Oh look, it's this thread again where we talk complain about an incomplete mod.

This would not be a problem if the ultimate pack would have been out and people would not have been playing on servers with the DW pack. I am assuming atleast the EE3 mod won't be in the ultimate pack untill it's more or less 'finished'.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
This would not be a problem if the ultimate pack would have been out and people would not have been playing on servers with the DW pack. I am assuming atleast the EE3 mod won't be in the ultimate pack untill it's more or less 'finished'.
Ultimate Pack can't be released until some more mods are finished. EE3 adds world gen, so until at least the world gen part of the mod is implemented, it cannot be in any Ultimate Pack and most likely Ultimate Pack is waiting on it.

Molten

Jul 29, 2019
I have loved, yes loved the time that EE3 was not available and we played the game by actually finding resources.
EE2 was great for single player but it killed the SMP experience. (reason why it ended being banned on most servers)

I was looking forward to EE3 because it does have some interesting ideas. But I don't see much evidence yet of the much talked about balance.
Yes, it's still early days but I fear EE3 will end up with just as many game ruining features as EE2 had for multiplayer. I just hope the plans Pahimar has really do address the issues.

Ultimate Pack can't be released until some more mods are finished. EE3 adds world gen, so until at least the world gen part of the mod is implemented, it cannot be in any Ultimate Pack and most likely Ultimate Pack is waiting on it.

EE3 adds world gen ? I didn't know this. Can you tell me what it adds ?

Reactions: Confidential1207

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019

There is no worldgen in EE3, in fact the minecraftforum post has it as the first FAQ.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1540010-equivalent-exchange-3-pre1f/

And for OP, the question should be "1 diamond = 4 gold???". Gold is much more valuable than diamonds.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
I miss condensers. Great for dealing with junk. Never used the energy collector system, as soon as I learnt about it, I knew that would spoil my gameplay.

I think there is going to be some highly toxic liquid called Red Water added, and I think you need it to craft the minium stone (or Phil stone)

Evil Hamster

Jul 29, 2019
I don't see the difference between EE3 and creative mode.

I decided I'll never use that mod when I was watching Direwolf LP and he was like "I spent 5 minutes looking for a desert for cactus but couldn't find one but I have another plan in mind for liquid pipes". I remember thinking liquiducts? those little cactus plants in the red-cobble biomes? No he pulled out a stone he got from killing a few zombies and changed roses into cactus- what a disappointment. I still like watching his vids but that was a letdown moment.
People complain about Gregtech making the game too hard, EE3 is just creative mode lite.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
I don't see the difference between EE3 and creative mode.

I had a sorta-funny paragraph forming in my head where I took your hyperbole literally and began to list the differences. But I instead decided to imply it because both ideas are ridiculous.

I decided I'll never use that mod when I was watching Direwolf LP and he was like "I spent 5 minutes looking for a desert for cactus but couldn't find one but I have another plan in mind for liquid pipes". I remember thinking liquiducts? those little cactus plants in the red-cobble biomes? No he pulled out a stone he got from killing a few zombies and changed roses into cactus- what a disappointment. I still like watching his vids but that was a letdown moment.

If you want every detail of the slog then you should just play. Direwolf20 seems to prioritize novel ways to do things rather than really boring half hours of walking around complaining about an RNG. Case-in-point: look at how he's solving his quarry power problem.

Would you feel letdown if I told you that after hours of searching for naturally occurring sulfur I've decided that is not a fun game and started using Thaumcraft to make gunpowder and smelt that into sulfur? What a copout. I'm sorry America, I'm sorry Europe. I'm sorry, Notch!

Molten

Jul 29, 2019
I think the thing is some people want to play creative in all but name.
But this thread is now resembling a million past threads about EE2.
I guess we just have to wait and see.