EE and FTB new map

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Who would u like to make an EE mod

• Total voters

Kaminho

Jul 29, 2019
As everybody knows the only reason why we still dont have new map FTB with new mods its Equivalent Exchange witch is not finished yet, and i think it wont be for a very long time. So imo would be better if Pahimar just give this project to peoples who can finish it. what you think about that? I love EE i love FTB map, i wait for new version like 3 years so far and EE stuck at the same place.

to haters:
I know he dont have to do anuthing, he has no profit out of this, im not complaining, not pushing anyone to work faster etc.

Last edited:

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
Umm was there really ever going to be a sequel to the FTB map

Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: RedBoss

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
As everybody knows the only reason why we still dont have new map FTB with new mods its Equivalent Exchange witch is not finished yet, and i think it wont be for a very long time. So imo would be better if Pahimar just give this project to peoples who can finish it. what you think about that? I love EE i love FTB map, i wait for new version like 3 years so far and EE stuck at the same place.

to haters:
I know he dont have to do anuthing, he has no profit out of this, im not complaining, not pushing anyone to work faster etc.
Bro, he IS working on it. Last commit was two hours ago.
https://github.com/pahimar/Equivalent-Exchange-3
He just recently got done with a whole ton of background code in EE3, and he now has a baby to take care of. Patience my young padawan.

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
P.S. His mod is Open Source, so people are free to contribute to the mod on github, or even fork it. As long as you don't distribute it and say it's yours.
Every time I see an EE variant, it's always EE2. I'd rather wait for Pahimar to finish and have something that's far better balanced. Hell, done or not, EE3 already has a spot in the modpack i'm making.

FyberOptic

Jul 29, 2019
The thing is, while EE2 was fairly critical to FTB-style maps in its day, a large variety of newer mods like Ex Nihilo or HQM have long-since given us much broader options for goal-oriented skyblock maps. Blaming Pahimar for holding back FTB is like a blaming a particular condiment for a restaurant not serving new kinds of sandwiches.

That being said, I do kinda wish FTB would make more of those! Challenge maps, not sandwiches. We've seen several third-party HQM packs now, but nothing quite beats turning items in to a huge monument and not knowing what the reward will be.

Reactions: Randomguy404

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
The thing is, while EE2 was fairly critical to FTB-style maps in its day, a large variety of newer mods like Ex Nihilo or HQM have long-since given us much broader options for goal-oriented skyblock maps. Blaming Pahimar for holding back FTB is like a blaming a particular condiment for a restaurant not serving new kinds of sandwiches.

That being said, I do kinda wish FTB would make more of those! Challenge maps, not sandwiches. We've seen several third-party HQM packs now, but nothing quite beats turning items in to a huge monument and not knowing what the reward will be.

Do you recon HQM could provide the same feel as the old FTB though? If there's no extravagant mechanical construct to feed then it can't really be a FTB map.

I think you could make it so so you can't craft or obtain a HQM book and have everything handed in via the QDS, but then how do you handle the rewards. I think you need the book for that so making the book inaccessible would be stupid.
Maybe The HQM team could make a reward delivery block to compliment the QDS.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
a FTB map doesn't equals Equivalent Exchange. Agrarian Skies is a good example for that, though Agrarian Skies isn't an official FTB map/pack

Reactions: Randomguy404

Kaminho

Jul 29, 2019
i dont like idea that Agrarians skies is some sort of "new FTB map"
FTB map = 100% fun
Agrarian skies = first 4-5 hours grind and then 20%-50%-100% fun

btw vores are clear, most of u want wait until Pahimar do what he start.
today is 11/10.2014, i visit this topic after 3 years and we we will see whats happen ;)

Loxinnightwalker

Jul 29, 2019
FTB map = 100% fun
Really? AgSkies feels like almost no grind before you get to do a lot of things if you ask me, and it is a lot of fun... On the other hand I never liked the FTB maps to start with. o_O

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
*cough* Pahimar is rewriting EE so it isn't OP as hell... I am pretty sure that is better than being able to get EMC "generators"
Also, Pahimar has got IRL stuff to deal with, I have no idea how little time he has to be honest.
He is a father now, and that takes a lot of time, he has a job, he gets pestered by DW20 to do a CL series ;), and he is doing a YouTube series to help out others who want to code.

Besides, that's not the point. Every year the FTB team do a challenge map for PAX and you can always play them if you want to :p

Reactions: Loxinnightwalker

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
FTB map = 100% fun

btw vores are clear, most of u want wait until Pahimar do what he start.
today is 11/10.2014, i visit this topic after 3 years and we we will see whats happen ;)

ooh yea, the FTB insanity map totally wasn't a grind at all, ask slowpoke, he loved doing the bees on that map

Reactions: Loxinnightwalker