Edit modpack button?

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

VideoDameMariSeph

Apr 29, 2020
West Lafayette, Indiana
Hi, I'm trying to add some mods to a modpack but every guide I can find for this seems to refer to an older version of the FTB app which had an "Edit Modpack" button. The app looks completely different in the screenshots of these tutorials, and I haven't been able to find any information on editing modpacks with the version I downloaded yesterday that does not have an "Edit Modpack" option. Am I missing something? Did I somehow download the wrong thing? Or is the modpack editor no longer available?

Attachments

• FTBA current verson.png
    FTBA current verson.png
    160.5 KB · Views: 261
  • FTBA tutorial version.PNG
    FTBA tutorial version.PNG
    194.8 KB · Views: 236
Reactions: Baraca

MoparDan

Jul 29, 2019
With the new launcher, you can still edit the modpacks, but it has to be done "manually".

Basically, you click on the "Open Folder" button, then open the mods folder. In here, you can either remove mods, or drop in mods you want to add.

If you want to make changes to the config files, then instead of opening the mods folder, you open up the config folder, or, depending on the mod, you can also go into saves/SAVENAME/serverconfig folder.

Don't let the "serverconfig" folder name fool you. MC, even in single player, runs a server in the background and some settings (like FTB chunks config) can only be changed in here.