easy way to kill wither in ftb infinity?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

GeoooKL

Jul 29, 2019
so basically want to get the angel wings, most of it is fairy easy to get apart from the nether star, already have the division sigil etc, but how could someone who is not well geared take this on the wither? any ideas? I know they're some blocks immune to wither damage but that's abit of a longer route

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
so basically want to get the angel wings, most of it is fairy easy to get apart from the nether star, already have the division sigil etc, but how could someone who is not well geared take this on the wither? any ideas? I know they're some blocks immune to wither damage but that's abit of a longer route
Make a box out of the blocks that cannot be destroyed by withers from EnderIO (I forget the name), that is 5x5x5 and hollow (so the inside is 3x3x3), and then build the wither inside that.
Though I advise you make it double thick, just so the wither doesn't "glitch out" when it spawns in :)

Kevin van Rijzewijk

Jul 29, 2019
There is an easy way to kill them while they can't even fight back.
It requires you to dig to the ceiling and find a place of becrock 3x3 (all 9 blocks must be bedrock)
build your wither under the middle bedrock block. so that its heads hit the ceiling.
before you finish it.. put a piston under the poor fellow..
Finish summoning it, while it's flashing hit the piston so his head gets stuck in the ceiling.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
There is an easy way to kill them while they can't even fight back.
It requires you to dig to the ceiling and find a place of becrock 3x3 (all 9 blocks must be bedrock)
build your wither under the middle bedrock block. so that its heads hit the ceiling.
before you finish it.. put a piston under the poor fellow..
Finish summoning it, while it's flashing hit the piston so his head gets stuck in the ceiling.
That would only work in the nether, and it's a little risky, just because if it does go too high the wither may go all the way above the bedrock, or the nether star itself may drop up there

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I think this is the one I watched to make my Wither farm for Nether Stars in Infinity. But there's others, just go to Youtube and search for "automated wither farm" or some such term. I didn't use blocks for the entire tower, just the base of it, then I used EnderIO Dark Iron Bars for the rest.

Reactions: jordsta95

GeoooKL

Jul 29, 2019
Easy way to get ender pearls, I know you can make farms, but don't have any power currently, just trying to get beheading up on my clever, to get the wither skulls

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
RFTools shield can contain and kill the wither. It is perhaps not as fast as the Draconic Evolution method but it works in any case.
Additionally RFTools also has a spawner that can spawn withers (and other mobs) which requires a bit more setup work but then again, that's the fun :)

ddejong

Jul 29, 2019
My preferred method: Grab a couple buckets of milk (or milk bottles if MFR is present) on your hotbar, then make a standard 1x2 tunnel about 64 blocks long. There shouldn't be any caves or other tunnels nearby, but otherwise it can be basically anywhere. Now at the end dig out space to place the blocks for spawning the wither; the middle soul sand block should be right in front of your face. Spawn the wither, move back to avoid its explosion, then head back in with a sword. Just keep whacking it at maximum sword range, backing up as it breaks blocks. It can't hit you with its projectiles in this confined environment, and if there's no space other than your tunnel it won't move to change that. You may occasionally get a wither effect, just drink some of the milk; make sure that you save the last bucket/bottle for after the fight is done. Best part of this strategy this can be done with purely vanilla mechanics and just iron.

Reactions: GreenZombie

mathchamp

Jul 29, 2019
RFTools shield can contain and kill the wither. It is perhaps not as fast as the Draconic Evolution method but it works in any case.
Additionally RFTools also has a spawner that can spawn withers (and other mobs) which requires a bit more setup work but then again, that's the fun :)
If it's one wither it's fine. If it's dozens of withers then it runs out of power. ;)

Darkone84

Jul 29, 2019
I think this is the one I watched to make my Wither farm for Nether Stars in Infinity. But there's others, just go to Youtube and search for "automated wither farm" or some such term. I didn't use blocks for the entire tower, just the base of it, then I used EnderIO Dark Iron Bars for the rest.

I built the same setup in my test world and I could not get it to work 100%. Sometime the wither would fail to spawn due to the skulls getting placed before the soul sand.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I built the same setup in my test world and I could not get it to work 100%. Sometime the wither would fail to spawn due to the skulls getting placed before the soul sand.

Yes, pretty sure I watched another video and found the solution to that. I forgot about it until you mentioned it, but yes, you do indeed need to delay the redstone signal going to the Autonomous Activators so it arrives slightly after the Block Placers activate, otherwise the whole thing jams up and becomes a pain. I know I used a few repeaters in my circuit but can't remember it exactly. Best bet for anyone interested in this method is to watch a few other videos, I'll guarateee what Darkone is talking about is covered in other videos.

Thanks for clarifying.

KIRTAP2

Jul 29, 2019
While reading this I was like...seriously? This is VANILLA. This is easy. Just dig out a 1x3 and walk in with a sword...I killed the wither wihout armor once...

#IDontFearTheWitherBoss

Poslano z mojega LC1016C z uporabo Tapatalk