Easy question, need an answer :-)

R

RadicalSilver

Hey there! So i came back to playing FTB since a huge while, had to figger some stuff out again. (verry easy with twitch nowadays). So what i basicly did was i took the modlist from Direwolf20 1.12 --> then i took the mods i liked, and didn't take the ones i don't like. So i had my own profile with mods i like. However i can't find the mod that gives iteminformation when your cursor is on a blok, or item. Normally it says what block, from what mod, and on tools it also gives the durability.
I'd like some help, have a great day :)

greats,

RadicalSilver

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Item info comes from 'The One Probe'.

Durability can be seen by pressing F3+H (and then pressing F3 again to get rid of the debug screen).

R

RadicalSilver

thanks, 'the one probe' mod is indeed in the direwolf20 1.12 modlist, i must have not seen it. Altough it doesn't show the info when your cursor goes over an item in your inventory :-(

Last edited:

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
What information do you mean?

You might want to copy over the config file from the DW20 pack just to see how he gets it set up. Also, there's a 'read me' item that can be crafted - might help with the display.

R

RadicalSilver

What i meant is that the on prob tells u what item you're looking at, but when you open your inventory, and you hold your mouse cursor on a item, it does NOT give that item information.
Back in the days when i played ftb that was in game, so i was wondering if it's still out there.

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
What i meant is that the on prob tells u what item you're looking at, but when you open your inventory, and you hold your mouse cursor on a item, it does NOT give that item information.
Back in the days when i played ftb that was in game, so i was wondering if it's still out there.

Yeah I'm still a bit confused. When you mouse over an item in your inventory, you get the 'vanilla' info - what the item is, what mod the item's from and some info coming from the mod itself (eg how full a tank is etc).

You can extend the vanilla tooltips to 'advanced' by pressing F3+H as I said above. That'll get you durability and sometimes a lot of extra stuff as well.

Apart from that, I'm not sure what else there is.

BTW I don't remember WAILA/WAWLA from 1.17.10 giving you much more info than that, if any.

R

RadicalSilver

that's the thing, the vanilla minecraft info only gives me the name, not what mod the item is from, i really need that info to keep things apart.

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
That's very strange - I just ran the (full) DW20 Pack and the tooltips show up as I described.

R

RadicalSilver

MMM, maybe there's a working together-ish mod that is also needed?

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
There are several mods that enable or add info to the mouse-over tooltip, but I'm not sure which ones are in the DW20 pack or what your best option would be to get the info without adding a mod that adds lots of stuff you don't want. Another joy of pack dev, figuring out which mods add overlapping features and where the holes are, especially with background stuff like tool tips or showing light levels or right-click harvesting crops where you might have 3 big mods that cover it and 5 stand alone mods that only do that 1 thing.

R

RadicalSilver

Thanks for all the replys guys, tomorrow ill try the mods. Thanks.