Early steel in Evolved

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Bubbajr114

Jul 29, 2019
So I'm okay with setting up different machines to make everything but I've come into a snag. Is the blast furnace the only forst choice to make steel? If so what do people use to make it, i can choose from ender pearls, tnt, or glue. I'm not fond of hunting endermen and creepers and I'm at a loss of how to make glue.

Rake

Jul 29, 2019
You get glue by dropping horses into your smeltery. 3-4 horses should be enough to get you the glue. Altenatively, if you don't want to farm creepers, you can find TNT at the bottom of a desert temple.

JaRyCu

Sep 29, 2015
South Georgia, USA
I never made a blast furnace. It's a little more time consuming to setup, but you should look into the alloy smelter and some sort of engine. If you mix iron and coal dust (or charcoal dust) in the A.S., it churns out refined iron, which is the same thing as steel as far as the recipes are concerned. You'll be able to make what you need without the hours of waiting on things to cook.

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Assuming he's referring to expert mode, the alloy smelter requires steel

Sent from my Barrel of Fun using Tapatalk

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Well... if you go exploring and find magic chalk, and some diamonds, in villages. You can get yourself into the Runic Dungeons dimension quite easily, then get enderpearls quite easily in there, and use them

*use enderpearls to make a blast furnace