Early Power In A Legitimate Survival

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Beeze23

Jul 29, 2019
MFR planter/harvester tree farm with a furnace making charcoal.

An IC2 generator and a single forestry electric engine is enough to keep the planter/harvester combo working via BC conductive pipes, and you'll get plenty of charcoal to spare.

Throw in tin upgrades and have a couple of spots for wheat/carrots/potatoes to keep yourself fed with.

Last edited:

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
How well does ET deal with the occasional normal algae? With SFM I can redirect it to a separate barrel and deal with it accordingly (my photobioreactor assmbly, managed by a second SFM manager, has one dedicated to process those once the amount reaches a certain level).
As opposed to Super Algae? You'd just send the normal algae to a storage system. It has neither a storage system nor a dedicated sorting system. It can't do a lot of things, but if you are careful and smart, super algae goes to storage and normal algae is processed when it is obtained. I'd use BUD's on the bottom, block breakers on 4 sides, and I/O on the top, and send the algae and water a short distance to a photobioreactor system.

Then again, for early and effective early game power, how does 10 RF/t 24/7 sound? Catch22 is river biomes only. One could even add solar power on top, energy storage on the bottom, and water intake on one site and energy/fluid output on another.

Feniks

Jul 29, 2019
Extra utility Redstone generator for a price of 1 redstone dust and 100ml of lava it produces power constatly at 160RF/t and last long time being able to give you 800 000RF It has internal buffer of 500 000 so there is almost no need for storage. It is quite cheap to make 9 iron 5 gold and stack of redstone and some stone. It is great as both back up power later on and main power source to start with.

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
A rather easy early-game power source is the enderio photovoltaic cell. It doesn't give much power but you can make a few and get enough to get some basic RF based machines going.

wolfenstein19

Jul 29, 2019
My best guess when starting off in monster is :
start with a couple magmatic dynamo and handfill a couple of portable tanks for early power, then do that until you can afford going mekanism wind turbines with a tesseract to circumvent having to lay 250+ cables to sky limit.

And once you get the digital miner you can use these ores you get to make more wind turbines.

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
start with a couple magmatic dynamo and handfill a couple of portable tanks for early power, then do that until you can afford going mekanism wind turbines with a tesseract to circumvent having to lay 250+ cables to sky limit.

And once you get the digital miner you can use these ores you get to make more wind turbines.

Mekanism is not in monster

Extra utility Redstone generator for a price of 1 redstone dust and 100ml of lava it produces power constatly at 160RF/t and last long time being able to give you 800 000RF It has internal buffer of 500 000 so there is almost no need for storage. It is quite cheap to make 9 iron 5 gold and stack of redstone and some stone. It is great as both back up power later on and main power source to start with.

Make it destabilized redstone and it outputs at 320 rf/t :D

Personnaly, i start with rotarycraft and get to automining fairly quick. Then I go for a big reactor (and I am still earlyish game here) then it's a question on upgrading it as needed and ressources come in. For all the needs before the reactor, I make survalist generator

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019

Or... just build your house in the sky. I'm gonna do that soon. Gonna make my own Columbia soon'ish.

Reactions: malicious_bloke

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Add Galacticraft and Mekanism.
Run wind turbines on the moon.
Gee, that kinda reminds me of something....
bhD30.jpg

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Start with coal.

Charcoal can be made from tree/cane farm. If you are into TC you can produce alumentum.

Then it's really up to you. Scaling your energy with lava is a plus. That'll allow you enough leeway to jump straight into Big Reactors/whatever you do.

Sustaining 2-3 engines worth of raw material is extremely easy, and can be manageable manually given you have enough buffer space to preprocess stacks of items.

The hard part comes when you need 10 000+ RF/t, when you begin automating machines, adding in AE, and building matter fab/laser drills.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Yeah, an Engineer's Toolbox Hydro-electric setup is great early power, and is easily expandable.

Then again, by the time you need 10k+ power, you're pretty well beyond early game. And then you can start with big reactors.