(Early Late Game) Mass Producing EU?

Avous-

Jul 29, 2019
I've been trying to mass produce EU I'm up to creating UU matter but not at a confident rate yet.

At the moment I'm running 23 Thermal Generators and pumping lava in from the Nether to power them from a 9x8x9 tank. And I do decent (over 512 EU/t but I think I could quickly get it up to 1024 with a few more generators and another pump) so i figure I need to switch eventually because I'll run out of lava or get tired changing pools.

So, My question is. What method of energy should i switch to for early late game I'd like to get to around 2048 EU/t (I'd like to leave room for expansion) but still stay mostly self sustainable (set it and leave it for a few days)

I figure I can add more tanks and more thermal generators/pumps, go Nuclear, Biogas it up, or set my immediate sights on Hybrid Solar Panels (Last Resort, I'm only producing around 32 UU/day while keeping my factory/bees running not enough to switch over within the next few days.)

So what should I focus on next if anything short of UU Matter/Platinum (I could come up with about a stack of each but no more for a few days.) is no object?

Summit

Jul 29, 2019
What mod pack are you using? Have you considered the Lightning rod? It can be a bit OP when put in a Mystcraft world that is suffering from Eternal Storms.

Summit

Jul 29, 2019
From what I understand 1 lightning strike will overfill an MFSU if wired up properly. I haven't tried it myself so I can't swear to anything.

Sinnaj63

Jul 29, 2019
A lightning strike produces about 10 million EU. The rod spawns the lightning itself if it is thundering. You need Supercondensators to work with the rod.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
A lightning strike produces about 10 million EU. The rod spawns the lightning itself if it is thundering. You need Supercondensators to work with the rod.
I thought a lightning strike produced 25 Million EU?

But if you're going to use a lightning rod, don't forget to put iron fences on the top of it all the way up to build limit, because they increase the chance of being struck if it's storming

I personally just have a very large solar array, but considering that just got expensive for Advanced solars, that may no longer be a viable option