Early game power gen

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
Extra utilities survivalist generator is my 1st RF generator. It only makes 5 RF/t, but a single piece of coal lasts for 15 minutes. I used to use a leadstone energy cell to start for power storage, but with the new tiered Ender IO capacitor banks, I've switched to them since they are expandable. That is good to power early ore processing. In my last world, I used them until I could get a small Big Reactor going. In my current infinity world, I spawned next to a desert with lots of oil, so decided to use a few compression dynamos with the efficiency upgrades. 1 bucket of fuel gets 1.5 million RF with no augments. Once you get the 3rd upgrade, one bucket gets almost 2.8 million RF.

Renton Terrace

Jul 29, 2019
just thought of an interesting idea for a mod Lunar Panels like solar panels but only generate at night so you have to stay awake for them to generate power

Reactions: rdemay91

rdemay91

Jul 29, 2019
just thought of an interesting idea for a mod Lunar Panels like solar panels but only generate at night so you have to stay awake for them to generate power
That makes having a all night time mystctaft age make sense. I like it. Now someone start working on this mod plz.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019

perhaps have the lunar panels also generate more power when the moon is closer to a full moon?
though I wouldn't really create a whole new mod for this, I'd rather add it to existing solar panel mods, because most of us prefer to skip the night, so having a mod like this kind of makes it useless if this is the only thing in the mod.