Solved [DW20v5.01] Stuck in creative.

IndigoStarfish

Jul 29, 2019
I have set up my own private survival server on my local pc.

When I first started playing (with a blank ops.txt) everything was fine.
I wanted to quickly have a look around (fly) so I added myself to opts.txt [restarted the server] and set my /gamemode 1
After that I did /gamemode 0 and removed myself from opts.txt and restarted the server.

However now, whenever I log in I am in creative mode [unexpected] but I don't have op permissions [expected].

Things I have tried to remedy this:
  • Use the server console to set my gamemode back to 0 - this only works until I reconnect or change dimension (e.g. go to nether)
  • The above but followed by a save-all and server restart
  • Deleting /world/players/myusername.dat
  • server.properties has gamemode=0 (and always has)
Whatever I tried, whenever I reconnect or change dimension I always end back in creative mode.
Anyone any ideas how I can fix this?

Modpack: Direwolf20 v5.01
Minecraft: v1.4.7
Java: Version 7 Update 13 (java.exe build:1.7.0_07-b11) (x64)

ExEvolution

Jul 29, 2019
click the little "creative mode" button in NEI to switch back to normal, then go to the NEI options and change it to recipe mode

IndigoStarfish

Jul 29, 2019
click the little "creative mode" button in NEI to switch back to normal, then go to the NEI options and change it to recipe mode
Wow thanks, that was simple.

Do you have any idea how NEI kept putting me into creative mode when I was not an op on the server? I thought it was a client-side only mod?

Scaffolding

Jul 29, 2019
server_location/config/NEI.cfg

cheatmode=0
lockmode=0

Have you done this already? Including it with the server mods allow you to assign special privileges to OPs. You can change the config options I listed above or delete it from the mod folder to make it so only OPs can "cheat" in items/blocks. People usually leave it in, in case they want to ban certain blocks from being cheated in such as bedrock or nukes/[recipe removed items] or something.

Edit: OPs can still use the give command to obtain items though, banning in NEI just removes it from the item panel.

Metasploit

Jul 29, 2019
I hate dredging up old posts (especially when they're solved), however we had this problem for a particular player on a server we run and the step above didn't solve the problem. We did solve it though by deleting /NEI/players/<username>.dat

I thought it would be good to post this here in case it helps someone else out one day :)