Request DW20 v7 To do list..

Techatar

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys, as someone that is pretty new to the scene of minecraft with mods I wondered if anyone knows of, or could create a to do list which could be done in order so a new player could get the most out of his modpack and learn. An example would be as follows:

1. Get started (tools, home, basic rescources)
2. Upgrade tools
3. Create first tinker tools
4. Create your first generator
5. Smeltery
6. DIAMONDS
7. Lava pump
8. Quarry
9. First forestry tree farm
10. basic AE system

And so on, i would love it to be in alot more detail than the above and just wondered if someone would be able to assist.

Thankyou very much :)

Techatar

Jul 29, 2019
By all means, include it. I want to learn it all! An ordered list of tasks seemed to be the best way to achieve this.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
In no particular order:

- Get a Powersuit with addons n stuff
- Become infused with Witchery
- Get all Twilight Forest trophies
- Full Blood Magic tools
- Constant supply of lava, water, fuel, oil, and any other useful liquid
- Steve's Carts farms and mines
- Fully automated AE2 system

Techatar

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the suggestions :) The list would need to be for dummies, like the example above so i can work it in order. Was just hoping someone would create one or can point me to where one was.

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
- Baubles. Get some. Probably either through Botania or Thaumcraft.
- Become Warped via Thaumcraft research towards Fortress Armor.
- Top-tier Tinkers' tools. Think that's too tough? Try talking totally "t"s.

Reactions: Salamileg9

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
First thing I concentrate on after power generation, ore processing and tools is fixing it up so I can fly, move faster and take less damage. Its easy to get spoiled by such things once you have them and its painful early game without. If I were limited to the mods in this pack, I would start out with EnderIO dark armor with upgrades and move up to Modular powersuits. Or just skip straight to MPS since dark armor doesnt have flight.

Adalyn

Jul 29, 2019
Forge Microblocks! Many of the blocks that should have Microblock versions, do not. It saddens me as a builder. *sniffle* But I am happy Carpenter's Blocks was added. :D

Reactions: Yulife

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
1st thing to do:

Find a cave and kill a bat.

2nd thing to do:

Morph to bat and happily fly for thousands of blocks looking for the perfect spot for your base instead settling in the spawn :)

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
Just realized mekanism isint in :( would have said have a max speed x5 ore multiplication with mek :p

Grunguk

Jul 29, 2019
Some good early game advice imo:

0.5. Build a Thaumcraft wand and keep it your hotbar while you kill things. Those little orbs that mobs drop and look like XP but aren't? .. those recharge wands in hotbars.
1. Get flight ASAP. If you have morph enabled, wisps are a winner as they don't have the health penalty of bats and aren't damaged by rain like blazes. If morph is disabled, the old jetpack and glider will do the job.
2. Explore like a mofo. Look for witch circles/huts, villages, thaumcraft obsidian circles, thaumcraft barrows and greatwood trees with cobwebs on them. Loot like aforementioned mofo.
3. Decide on a base site and design.
4. Start Thaumcraft; build a research table and start combining aspects as much as you can. If you're already thaumcraft savvy, you can get to Tier 7 before you run out of primals.
5. Scan everything you own. This should unlock the few aspects that you didn't have enough primals to discover via combination.
6. Make goggles of revealing, find nodes near your base and waypoint them based on their aspects.
7. Scan everything you see. This is now an ongoing rule for the remainder of your playthrough. You need as many research aspects as you can get.
8. Linking Books. Creepers wander into live portals, wait for you on the other side and can one-shot you before the dimension loads. Make the portal, go through, make a linking book, come home, destroy the portals. Safest way.

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
In regards to Thaumcraft, I find it's useful to do the research while grinding through the early game of Blood Magic-empty your health down 1 heart into an altar, then go off and complete a couple of researches. As long as you keep yourself fed, it's a nicer way to do it. (I don't like cheesing my way through early blood magic by using stuff like the fallen Kanade)

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
Well a little tip for early blood magic when using roguelike: keep the laundrum! Regen 3 for 10 secs is something like 6-7hearts, but you are blind and dizzy and weak :/