DW20 Stuck preparing spawn area, cannot load world

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

FactionBlaster1590

Jul 29, 2019
I was playing the new DW20 1.18 pack and came back to play it again today and it seems to have issues loading my current world save. I was able to create and load a new world and it worked but I still cannot load my original save. It looks to be stuck at preparing the spawn area step.
Log: https://pastebin.com/caNH4TjX

Attachments

• latest.txt
    831.7 KB · Views: 458

Snoopy

May 20, 2022
Same thing here.
DW20 1.18: 1.2.0

Edit:
So far have been able to narrow it down to: \saves\"WORLD NAME"\region\r.0.0.mca

After deleting it world loads, regenerates some chunks and removes everything what was previously in there(for me was whole base).
I´m not sure what to do next to recover my save.

Last edited:

FactionBlaster1590

Jul 29, 2019
Same thing here.
DW20 1.18: 1.2.0

Edit:
So far have been able to narrow it down to: \saves\"WORLD NAME"\region\r.0.0.mca

After deleting it world loads, regenerates some chunks and removes everything what was previously in there(for me was whole base).
I´m not sure what to do next to recover my save.
How were you able to narrow it down? Just delete each region file at a time and check? Or were you able to find the error and the specified region?

Valamen

May 21, 2022
Im having the same problem.
Can make a new World and play just fine, but when i want to play it later i just get stuck at preparing world, where it show the chunk window, but after it gets to 100% nothing more happens.

This has now happened to two worlds for me. :-(

Attachments

• latest.zip
    51 KB · Views: 160

FactionBlaster1590

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah its been happening to me on different worlds. I'll play for a couple hours and when I come back it just won't load. Deleting the region file like above will fix it but destroy all the work you've done. So essentially I can't progress which is slightly frustrating. Hopefully whatever is causing those regions not to load gets fixed.

Reactions: Valamen

Kroptik

Jul 29, 2019
I was having the same problem. Stuck at 100% on the chunk window when loading.
I used a program (Amulet Editor) to check my world and kept deleting blocks that I had added the last time I played.

The problem was with the Aquatic Entangler from Thermal.
I tested it on some creative worlds. As soon as I placed a working Aquatic Entangler and closed the world, I couldn't get back in it, or I could but the chunks would stop loading, the world would get "stuck" and I would fall into the void forever.

So, if you have one of these, try using that editor and removing that block, see if it solves the issue. If not, maybe try deleting some other thermal blocks?

Valamen

May 21, 2022
I was having the same problem. Stuck at 100% on the chunk window when loading.
I used a program (Amulet Editor) to check my world and kept deleting blocks that I had added the last time I played.

The problem was with the Aquatic Entangler from Thermal.
I tested it on some creative worlds. As soon as I placed a working Aquatic Entangler and closed the world, I couldn't get back in it, or I could but the chunks would stop loading, the world would get "stuck" and I would fall into the void forever.

So, if you have one of these, try using that editor and removing that block, see if it solves the issue. If not, maybe try deleting some other thermal blocks?
You are my hero :)

I did indeed have an Aquatic Entangler from Thermal.
Used the program you suggested and managed to delete it, and i can now access my world again.

Thank you for taking the time to post your reply.

Snoopy

May 20, 2022
I can confirm too...deleting Aquatic Entangler from Thermal saved my world.