DW20 Redstone Energy Cell not connecting

Status
Not open for further replies.

OrangeHatKidd

Jul 29, 2019
I've noticed that for some reason I can not get my Redstone Energy Cell to connect to my energy conduits thus it gets no charge. I've made sure that my power input is up and that there are no redstone torches or levers powering it. I can't see any graphical connection. Has anyone had this problem?

If you need clarification or pictures let me know!

Thanks,

-Orangehatkidd

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
You have got the colour coding correct blue for input and orange for output.
To add to this, yellow dots mean "do not connect to anything", which sounds like the behavior you're seeing. Also the front of the energy cell isn't a valid input/output side (it's the side with the bar gauge telling how full the cell is).

OrangeHatKidd

Jul 29, 2019
Hopefully this will clear a few things up. It's not that the connection is incorrect it's that it's not connected at all. The connection you see is the conduit connecting to a wooden transport pipe. Conduit refuses to connect on the top back and bottom of the block. I have made sure that I didn't "disable" the conduit with a crescent hammer. The conduit that the energy cell is in front of is able to connect to other thermal expansion machines
2014-02-03_20.15.05.png

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
Hm. DW20 1.5.2? Energy cells don't look like that anymore in TE3 in 1.6.4. In that regard, i have no clue what's going on, as what I was describing earlier was the behavior of a 1.6.4 energy cell.

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
After you filled the frame with liquid redstone, did you remember to finish crafting it? The version of TE I am using requires the full frame to be crafted into the energy cell in a crafting table. I forget what materials need to be added, but maybe you placed just a filled frame.

OrangeHatKidd

Jul 29, 2019
Hm. DW20 1.5.2? Energy cells don't look like that anymore in TE3 in 1.6.4. In that regard, i have no clue what's going on, as what I was describing earlier was the behavior of a 1.6.4 energy cell.

I forgot to mention that this is the 1.6.4 DW20 pack sorry about that.

After you filled the frame with liquid redstone, did you remember to finish crafting it? The version of TE I am using requires the full frame to be crafted into the energy cell in a crafting table. I forget what materials need to be added, but maybe you placed just a filled frame.

I have actually charged it once and used it on a BC Pump and a Mine Factory harvester I'll try recrafting it as if its just a filled frame.

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
I don't see any wooden pipe there and as far as I know you can't connect wooden pipes to te3 machines or conduits. Why would you need a wooden pipe when you can just use conduits.

OrangeHatKidd

Jul 29, 2019
I don't see any wooden pipe there and as far as I know you can't connect wooden pipes to te3 machines or conduits. Why would you need a wooden pipe when you can just use conduits.

The wooden pipe is behind the cell so you can't see it

is that just a frame rather than a completed cell?

I can right click it and see the GUI

I'll make another one and see if it works

OrangeHatKidd

Jul 29, 2019
Found the issue after making an extra cell. Redstone energy cells now have a config tab. It will only input energy from sides that have blue corners. In the image above you can see that all the corners have no color.
2014-02-04_14.41.37.png

Thanks for all your help!!

-Orangehatkidd

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
I did tell you that in my original response if you actually read it. Glad you got it working anyway. Enjoy :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.