Dw20 pack World Corruption(?) Missing from List, I have workaround but looking for better solution.

Sibar

Jul 29, 2019
Hello my fellow FTBers, I was hit with that horrible crash that removed my world from my list. Like everyone else, I dread having my world get corrupted by programming gremlins (technical problems, or what have you). So I make backups daily whenever I finish or play for more than five hours, this being said I didn't expect to have this issue. I had just withdrawn 4 miniature heart containers, equipped them and was about to enchant full diamond armor using the osmotic enchanter.

With that said you probably know that I was a little disappointed, however I found a solution that appears to work for me. It appears that the level.dat is the issue itself. How did I come to that conclusion? After browsing these forums and reading about people replacing the level.dat from other worlds (to no avail unfortunately) I didn't think I would have any better luck, however it worked!

Copying just the "level.dat_mcr" and "level.dat_old" from the backup of that exact world and pasting it over the apparently corrupted files did [as far as I could see from playing for 10 minutes afterwards on that world] fix my issue.

However I am wondering if there is a better solution so people don't lose their stuff. I had my best stuff on me. I know what I lost or at least the major stuff so I can NEI them back in, and in future ill probably at least make regular NEI "save-states" of my character.

Though aside from having that little instance work out for me, I am at a loss. Does anyone have any better solutions? Here is my last Crash log, I don't know what it will tell anyone but have a gander.

Minecraft Crash log: http://pastebin.com/PY2A4Sca

JamiePhonic

Jul 29, 2019
i've been seeing this more and more recently. people's game crashes, then their world either deletes itself, or is corrupted with no apparent cause. the crash you encountered is one of these "unhelpful" crashes where no specific source can be identified :/

as for copying the "level.dat_mcr" and "level.dat_old" from the backup of your world and pasting it over the supposedly corrupted files working, thats because you copied the files from a backup. if you generate a new world and try copying the "level.dat_mcr" and "level.dat_old" files from that, it simply won't work.

for the time being, making regular backups is probably the best idea. a simple solution may be to install FTB to dropbox, that way you can use their "previous versions" feature to recover the latest version of your save should something happen.