DW20 pack, massive lag only in my small base?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
So does anyone know what might be causing lag in my base? I will upload pictures so if anyone can tell me please do. I get 10fps max in my base, but 70fps min near my natura redwood tree filled with cursed earth (2 block high, cursed earth, grinders, etc, all the way to the top of it)

http://imgur.com/a/xDC3m

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
In #13 I see open blocks Tanks. Those lag me like crazy(no idea why).

...Also what are you doing about all that taint?

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
I just randomly spammed COFH kill all command and that seemed to help, alot.

Does taint cause lag? It doesn't seem to be spreading much if any.

Uh, I also tried upgrading from 1.0.0.19 to 1.0.0.20 and it didn't like my mining age. Not sure why it just had issues with it being there (Failure to register Dim9) I tried going there anyways after deleting it and it created a new age (like one would expect) but then it just unloaded everything, the mobs, chunks I was standing on, and it kept killing me with the void. Weird.

I have no idea what would cause that. I have a backup of my original world (before upgrading) any ideas as to how I could go about solving the DIM9 problem?

picapi_

Jul 29, 2019
Witchery uses DIM9, so if there is a preexisting age 9, the server will crash. You can change the witchery dream dimention id in the config.

You sould not use linking books to go to the dream dimention.

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
Witchery uses DIM9, so if there is a preexisting age 9, the server will crash. You can change the witchery dream dimention id in the config.

You sould not use linking books to go to the dream dimention.

Ahh, thats probably it. I'll try that, thank you.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
@hisagishi Taint itself doesn't cause much lag AFAIK; the mobs it creates can cause entity lag though.

Again, though, OpenBlocks Tanks(as seen in image 5, 6, 13, 14, 15, and 16) lagged me like crazy when I had them stacked. This was a few versions of Open Blocks ago, mind you, so maybe whatever issue they caused is fixed.

Looks like you're using them for lighting via lava in many places, and for liquid metal storage in image 14. If you must have fluid lighting, maybe try TE3 and it's Portable Tanks? Fill them up with a bright fluid and you have light. For EXP storage(like in image 13) I'd suggest using one BC tank, then pipe it all off to a XU Drum(or a few of them if you have a LOT of EXP to spare).[DOUBLEPOST=1396958535][/DOUBLEPOST]
It's because each one ticks as its own tile entity, instead of as a multiblock. They are horrible on servers.
Ah, that explains a bit. Kudos Wagon153 for explaining this to me and OP.

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
Might be onto something with the tanks. I checked them out in a test world and made this monstrosity as a worse case scenario. I obviously don't have THAT many tanks but still.

When I am in the same area as the tanks but not looking at them I get 110 to 130+fps when I am looking at them it goes from 35 to 45FPS.

s4OlgsB.jpg

Last edited:

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
Uhhh, cancel that. I think its all those inverted sky blocks. Those are quite possibly the laggiest building material I have ever seen. Wow, seriously guys try that out in a test world. From 130fps to 12, thats not a typo, twelve frames per second. Maybe they aren't meant to be used in a 64x64 square but still...

qnXgaeQ.jpg

7sELnyd.png

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Uhhh, cancel that. I think its all those inverted sky blocks. Those are quite possibly the laggiest building material I have ever seen. Wow, seriously guys try that out in a test world. From 130fps to 12, thats not a typo, twelve frames per second. Maybe they aren't meant to be used in a 64x64 square but still...

qnXgaeQ.jpg

7sELnyd.png
Ah, well, if we'd have known you had that many skyblocks we'd have mentioned that those are also tile entities. Also is that a room made of them? Can't tell.

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, well, if we'd have known you had that many skyblocks we'd have mentioned that those are also tile entities. Also is that a room made of them? Can't tell.

Yeah sorry about that. I just didn't know really what tile entities were. I obviously googled it since then. I kinda figured it was alright to build with any material as long as it wasn't a multiblock structure.

Thanks for sticking with me and trying to help. I really appreciate that man.

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
Update: I got rid of all the OpenBlock tanks and all the skyblocks, still only getting 10fps in 80% of my base. Theres parts of it I get up to 30 to 60. According to shift F3, game renderer is taking up 75% of the graph. Though getting rid of the skyblocks and tanks did reduce my memory usage by a bit.

picapi_

Jul 29, 2019
The further you get in a FTB playthrough, the laggier your base will be, no questions asked. You can try to minimise it, but there will always be more lag the longer you have been playing.