DW20 pack, builder issue

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Azurl

Jul 29, 2019
I have made a new blueprint, named it, and placed it into a builder, supplied power at 25MJ/t, it draws power, it has all the neccesary components, but nothing happens. is the builder broken as of the later updates?

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
From the buildcraft 3.4.2 changelog.
- Removed: Functionality from builder until it can be fixed to prevent world corruption. (pahimar)

The builder is broken and they haven't had time to fix it yet.

Lazorturkey

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any chance an FTB mod can comment on the status of this? Would love to have a builder functioning and just wanna know if I should wait a week or so for this or suck it up and keep building. I have a 64x64x64 structure that is a beast to build.

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
FTB mods have nothing to do with it, this is purely a Buildcraft issue.
Yep, we just have to wait for buildcraft to update. No idea when, but I would guess more than a week.

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
Interesting fact.
Aside from the really broken part, the part that would corrupt your world, there was a dupe glitch with it.
The blueprints would copy the meta data of the blocks, but the builder would only require the regular block to build it.
So you could fill an iron chest with diamonds, make a blueprint of it, then use the builder with an empty iron chest. You would dupe all the diamonds.

There was a vid of someone using that to dupe redmatter back on 1.2.5. They made it into an automatic EMC generator that made an alchemical chest worth of redmatter every second.

Confidential1207

Jul 29, 2019
Interesting fact.
Aside from the really broken part, the part that would corrupt your world, there was a dupe glitch with it.
The blueprints would copy the meta data of the blocks, but the builder would only require the regular block to build it.
So you could fill an iron chest with diamonds, make a blueprint of it, then use the builder with an empty iron chest. You would dupe all the diamonds.

There was a vid of someone using that to dupe redmatter back on 1.2.5. They made it into an automatic EMC generator that made an alchemical chest worth of redmatter every second.
:eek: