Windows .exe DW20 INTERNAL EXCEPTION: JAVA.NET.SOCKETEXCEPTION: SOFTWARE CAUSED CONNECTION ABORT: RECV FAILED

boclfon479

Jul 29, 2019
hello all, im using the DW20 1.0.14 pack, and lately everytime i log on from my laptop i get a few mins of playing and then the game gives me this error and disconnects:

INTERNAL EXCEPTION: JAVA.NET.SOCKETEXCEPTION: SOFTWARE CAUSED CONNECTION ABORT: RECV FAILED
I checked and i only have 1 version of java on my computer (Java 7 update 51 - 64 bit), I have 5.25 gigs allocated to FTB, and i have windows 7 64 bit. also i have the JVM arguments from that threat on my client and the server if that helps at all.

Apparently i am the only one on my server getting the error and i get it with no regard to how many other people are on (I've gotten it when on alone, and when other ppl are on.). I have no clue what could be causing it, please help??

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
First of all, whoa there partner. You should not need 5.25 gigs dedicated unless you are using a big texture pack(bigger then 64x64)or shaders. Lower that down to 2 or 3.

boclfon479

Jul 29, 2019
First of all, whoa there partner. You should not need 5.25 gigs dedicated unless you are using a big texture pack(bigger then 64x64)or shaders. Lower that down to 2 or 3.
I just put it higher because i figured it would run smoother, ill try lowering it and see if it gets rid of the error. i AM using the vanilla textures so it shouldn't be a problem lol

edit: NOPE, within 2 mins of going on after lowering it i got the error twice, so that wasnt able to fix it. gonna bump it back up.

also i never had this problem before 1 maybe 2 updates ag

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Dont bump it back up. Giving Java too much RAM can actually hurt performance, not to mention hurt computer speed.

boclfon479

Jul 29, 2019
Dont bump it back up. Giving Java too much RAM can actually hurt performance, not to mention hurt computer speed.
That makes sense, I'll lower it back down.

By any chance could the error be because my client computer and server computer have different versions of Java on them?

EDIT:
ok i got the like 7 more times after being on for like 3 seconds each, and decided i would get the error log for you guys:

https://raw.github.com/boclfon479/errors/master/FTB DW20 1.0.14 error

its at the bottom

Last edited: