DW20 FTB 1.7.10 New Lets Play Start (cool pics inside)

bmstalker

Jul 29, 2019
Hi all,

Staring up a lets play and instead of living in a hovel for the first few episodes, I've taken the time to build myself somewhere nice to live. I've seen enough lets play start in a cave so I though I'd try something a little different.

I've created this in creative mode and it's all for decoration only. I will not advance myself in tech level in any way, this is only a place to live. The series will be both magic (in the building on the surface) and technical (split in the spiraling base below).

Oh, also, got some shaders working with the pack, so yeah, looking ok.

Anyway, I'm sure you all clicked here as I've promised "cool pics inside", so yeah, here are some pics that I think are cool:

This is the outside of the surface building from the front, wanted it to be kind of like a church/cathedral
OF8m0K6.png

This is the front entrance
LqQKpUN.png

The side
a0Kl6Di.png

And the inside
myY7aUo.png

The underground base is a little harder to picture, but here is 2 angle of it
Rml98Js.png

9NeXNnX.png

My youtube channel is:
http://www.youtube.com/user/bmstalker

If you'd like to see how this plays out, hopefully my RL will allow me to even finish the lets play this time :)

Please feel free to drop comments/suggestions.

Donut Legend

Jul 29, 2019
Looks sweet! I never would have though of doing something like that because part of my Minecraft experience is getting the materials to build something as amazing as that but I'll definitely check out your videos to see how it plays out. And I was wondering, how long did it take you to build that?

bmstalker

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I've played through a fair number of times, gathering the resources to build cool structure etc, just going for something a little different this time round. Also, building pretty things makes for somewhat tedious lets play videos in my experience.

Time to build wasn't too bad, the DW20 pack only came out last weekend, maybe around 8 hours for the surface building and around 2 hours for the underground section. I was using a single player commands 1.7 alternative which saved a lot of time, but doesn't work very well with carpenters blocks. Otherwise, it would have been half that time.

My playtime is very limited and I need to try to make the most of the time I get free to play games.

bmstalker

Jul 29, 2019
I did use the wand for a bit, but it's very situational and not as flexible as the SPC tools. I've uploaded the first episode which includes a video tour for those interested.