DW20 A new Playthrough!

Plainy

Jul 29, 2019
This thread just mainly exsists to show off my 'beautiful' work in the DW20 Pack.

First the beautiful house i build in creative before even starting to play, i hate constantly creating materials so voila.
nxvEZP8.png
Ran into food problems EARLY on like constantly no food... annoying soooooo FARM!
PCQWnfZ.png
Resources are important soooo
a97qPXH.png
A nice walk way to the Mine.

AND INTO THE DEPTHS WE GOOOO~~~ can i just say those meesee... meecreeps are awesome.
mwnWRhH.png
Some basic storage was needed and annoyingingly small compared to refined storage...
1Z6lkph.png
Time for some abracadabra with my resources and turn it into decent amount of RF.
KssrlT9.png
Arboreal extractors into Fractionating Still into Compression Dynamo's and voila, 1 bucket of tree oil == 2mil RF !! whoo.

Thinking ahead some times pays off like this atomic reconstructor!
EqmSD2B.png
And finally some basic ore processing! and voila
RR9BuGR.png
Just a small update, would add story but takes soooo long to think of a good story so meh.

Total time spend to arrive at this point 2~3hrs so the ARBOREAL SET UP IS DEFINITLY EARY GAME WHOOO~~

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
Any updates? Jealous of all the clay(assuming that's chiseled brick) that you got a hold of.

edit: nm, just noticed you built it in creative :p

Plainy

Jul 29, 2019
Any updates? Jealous of all the clay(assuming that's chiseled brick) that you got a hold of.

edit: nm, just noticed you built it in creative :p
Not yet psych, but you can catch me live stream sometimes at twitch.tv/plainside

Plainy

Jul 29, 2019
If anyone cares, going live in a few minutes :3

If anyone is wondering how the stream went here it is. a nice 2 hour video for those who enjoy that!
In weekends i stream longer hours so its easier catching me stream!

-still processing the video thanks YT!

Last edited:

Plainy

Jul 29, 2019
New day new stream!
Video is still processing its about 2 hours and 45 minutes so for now you will have to do with my screenshots :D.

First of all i started out cleaning up my basic setup and have it look more neato
Honestly it was a bit annoying to do, but i did my thinking before hand so it went smooth as fudge :D.

Also did some personal upgrades, got a Angel Ring and decent armour going so the nether isnt as scary now :D!
And who knew that the Angel Ring eliminated all fall damage! No more bouncing around for me WHOOOO~~~ *flies off in the distance*
KINwydt.png
Although i did like my Uranium cable solution by using carpet over the cables.
i2NHBtX.png
Even the hidden stuff is done as neat as possible to so it will be easier to add and remove as needed.
iOuqfwj.png

ysow5W7.png
It even has some filtering in the back! Cinnabar always backlogs so i decided it be best to have a system for it in place.
BAitItn.png

wQkVQN7.png
And the main upgrade of it all is the Void Miner, which i set up yesterday but it gave me such a hard time it was bloody annoying.
constantly making Lithrite and stuff, now I probably have to go through that hell again for Mica (resource miner)
The yellow lens is on there mainly for Yellorite then anything else, im thinking of putting on a Blue lens because my Diamonds resources are depleted by now... wonder how [looks at his fancy new armor and sword]
bPmD8Yz.png

Last edited:

Plainy

Jul 29, 2019
Another day another stream, not that much got done mainly because of my mind being distracted.
And I really had no clear plan as to what I was doing, I was attempting Integrated Dynamics... but yea... it scared me away for now.
Time to look into some tutorials (loads up DW20 on YT) and see how i can use it to my advantage.

The video is still processing but in time it will be up. No screenshots today as no big builds got done at all.... should've done some research.

mathwiz617

Apr 29, 2015
What exactly were you stuck on with integrated dynamics? I might be able to help, as would others who frequent the forums here.

Plainy

Jul 29, 2019
What exactly were you stuck on with integrated dynamics? I might be able to help, as would others who frequent the forums here.
Well i just thought it through a bit more and know how to solve it not with Integrated Dynamics but with a Power Monitor from RFtools, which can read either More or Less and pulse a signal.
Not sure how it would work in game quite yet but im working on that.

And now the big reveal, no annoying advance stuff, no brain damage caused.... well not anymore then i already have.
TADAAAAA~~
sKcLIXD.png
The RF Monitor on the Right outputs a signal when below 15%, on the left above 80%, it works wonderful :D.
It does however require to have each to have his own RF output port, and a third to export the power.
For now this works nicely.

Last edited:

Plainy

Jul 29, 2019
New day New post :D!

So today it came to my attention that getting Mica is possible in only 1 way.... a resource miner... luckily I had a decent amount of lithrite build up already so crafting the rest wasnt that much of a problem.
Then it came to my attention that if i have it import into my Refined Storage system my 2 16k drives would fill up fast....
So then came this:
InQmCMT.png

So my food situation was becoming rather dire, as in not enough and too hungry.
Then I remembered that Immersive Engineering had a rather Powerfull GARDEN CLOCHE!
Like this thing is the SHIT! even with just Fertilizer from Forestry is processing it so much faster.
7TDSASB.png

Now as some one who is extraordinarily lazy and didnt want to go the whole IE route to set things up I came up with the following :
Psst, storytime inside ;)
A nice looking table, honestly the models in IE are awesome, including the Multiblock structures, be it that they take up a lot of space.
QI3058C.png

And now the CHEESE! I really didnt want to setup a Coke Oven so I immediately looked into alternative ways to get Creosote Oil.
Welcome Thermal Dynamics and its Specializations!
Qneujlr.png

Now im doing blocks of coal giving about 2,5 buckets of creosote oil, outputting into a reinforced tank... which will fill up quick.
So good bye slow progression :D

Ill update this post as i play today :3

Last edited:

Plainy

Jul 29, 2019
so it has been quite some time, and being sick for nearly a week doesnt help further progress sadly... goddamn flu.
As I was following DW20's current LP series he started playing with Draconic Evolution, a mod I've always loved for everything it has.
And well I saw it and I thought I will do that too ha!

Here we see a Core Tier 4 being beautiful, with some basic laser networking to get it going.
dhbsaTh.png

I also didn't see any reason anymore for my buffer systems I had going since almost day 1.
The energy just goes straight to the battery.
buHo1hQ.png

Even my reactor wasnt save from my craze.
Everything runs via Draconic Evolution now.
UBmeg4t.png

And isnt it beautiful how it distributes the power.
CfDL3zU.png

Luckily for me the void resource miner is starting to pay off as well finally, though be it still not alot of mica.
I had it running for almost 6 hours and only 8 mica came out... gg
tFG0piK.png

And a little peak at what ill be working on next.
I3hpfkj.png
monster spawning and then there is MONSTER SPAWNING.