DW20 5.1.1 Crash before menu - worked previously -chickenchunks.cfg?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex0110

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,

For no reason that I can discern, my FTB has started crashing before the game can reach the menu. Upon reinstalling Java and FTB, I can get to the menu, but when I install a texturepack and / or try and enter the game, I get the same crash. ?!

Here's my log:

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// Why is it breaking :(

Time: 11/03/13 17:22
Description: Failed to start game

java.lang.RuntimeException: java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\Alex\Desktop\FeedTheBeast\Direwolf20\minecraft\config\ChickenChunks.cfg (The requested operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open)
at com.google.common.base.Throwables.propagate(Throwables.java:160)
at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.haltGame(FMLClientHandler.java:191)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.raiseException(FMLCommonHandler.java:196)
at codechicken.core.ConfigFile.saveConfig(ConfigFile.java:282)
at codechicken.core.ConfigTag.setPosition(ConfigTag.java:284)
at codechicken.chunkloader.ChunkLoaderManager.initConfig(ChunkLoaderManager.java:621)
at codechicken.chunkloader.ChunkLoaderProxy.load(ChunkLoaderProxy.java:31)
at codechicken.chunkloader.ChunkLoaderClientProxy.load(ChunkLoaderClientProxy.java:14)
at codechicken.chunkloader.ChickenChunks.initialize(ChickenChunks.java:45)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.handleModStateEvent(FMLModContainer.java:487)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor4.invoke(Unknown Source)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventHandler.handleEvent(EventHandler.java:69)
at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventHandler.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventHandler.java:45)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:317)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:300)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:268)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:153)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventHandler.handleEvent(EventHandler.java:69)
at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventHandler.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventHandler.java:45)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:317)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:300)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:268)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:86)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.initializeMods(Loader.java:676)
at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.finishMinecraftLoading(FMLClientHandler.java:207)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(Minecraft.java:456)
at asq.a(SourceFile:56)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:744)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\Alex\Desktop\FeedTheBeast\Direwolf20\minecraft\config\ChickenChunks.cfg (The requested operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open)
at java.io.FileOutputStream.open(Native Method)
at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
at java.io.PrintWriter.<init>(Unknown Source)
at codechicken.core.ConfigFile.saveConfig(ConfigFile.java:278)
... 35 more

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- System Details --
Details:
Minecraft Version: 1.4.7
Operating System: Windows 7 (amd64) version 6.1
Java Version: 1.7.0_06, Oracle Corporation
Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
Memory: 118346064 bytes (112 MB) / 259522560 bytes (247 MB) up to 8500543488 bytes (8106 MB)
JVM Flags: 5 total; -Xms256M -Xmx8140M -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalMode -
Vec3 Pool Size: ~~ERROR~~ NullPointerException: null

Thank you in advance!

Azgult

Jul 29, 2019
Paste the contents of ChickenChunks.cfg please. Did you change any of the options in it?

Alex0110

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the reply; I didn't change any options of ChickenChunks.cfg. Here's the text:

#ChunkLoader Configuration File
#Deleting any element will restore it to it's default value
#Block ID's will be automatically generated the first time it's run

#Per player chunk limiting. Values ignored if 0.
#Simply add <username>=<value>
players
{
#Forge gives everyone 12500 by default
DEFAULT=5000
#For server op's only.
OP=5000
}

block.id=243

#The number of ticks to wait between attempting to unload orphaned chunks
cleanuptime=1200

#The maximum number of chunks per chunkloader
maxchunks=400

#Set to false to disable the automatic reloading of mystcraft dimensions on server restart
reload-dimensions=true

#Set to false to deny a player access to the chunk viewer
allowchunkviewer
{
DEFAULT=true
OP=true
}

#If set to false, players will have to be logged in for their chunkloaders to work.
#Simply add <username>=<true|false>
allowoffline
{
DEFAULT=true
OP=true
}

Azgult

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, your config looks fine. After a bit of reading, it seems that this usually happens if files are being locked by another program. One example would be if you had it open in a text editor, but considering you didn't change it I doubt that. More likely is that your antivirus has, for some reason, decided that ChickenChunks are very dangerous. Try persuading it that it isn't.

Alex0110

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for your continued help Azgult! I appreciate it. Since reading your post, I have done the following: virus and malware scans (thorough, Kaspersky and Malwarebytes), having completed that I allowed both FTB Launcher and Minecraft.exe as trusted programs, as well as doing the same for windows defender. Sadly, still no luck. I still have the crash. What is odd is that sometimes I can get to the menu and choose to create a new level / select my save before it crashes; other times it crashes after the Mojang logo appears.

Thoughts?

Edit: In addition, I've used a program called OpenFilesView to show me what files are open on my computer, but nothing to do with either MC, FTB or ChickenChunks.cfg appears.

Azgult

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, I googled it again and I think I found the problem source from this question/answer thread:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090927164148AAOdJmE

That is to say, it's a bug in java itself.

There are several advanced options which may force garbage collection to run, you could try these options.

Code:
-Xincgc
-XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=n

Enter these in additional java options under advanced settings. Try only the first one first, and try the second by itself next. You'll have to replace n with some millisecond amount, not sure what is sensible here, I'd work my way down from 200 or so.

Stoneleet

Jul 29, 2019
I've been having the same issue.. Tried the above suggestion... and it didn't work... Only solution I have is to reboot the computer everytime I stop playing... or just never log off..

Azgult

Jul 29, 2019
I completely forgot to suggest updating java. Maybe they have fixed the issue in newer versions.

Alex0110

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks everyone for the continued help. Still not found a solution. Here's what I've tried since reading your replies:

Followed Booker The Greek's signature to the book, without effect. Repeated instructions, still no joy.

Installed new drivers, no luck. Deleted anything associated with Minecraft, FTB, texturepacks etc, uninstalled java. Restarted. Reinstalled latest java, restarted. Installed vanilla Minecraft - this works no problem. Installed FTB, crash.

Any ideas?

Armagedon1st

Jul 29, 2019
oh god this is hope less ahhhh its driving me mad i cant use NEI at all any thing else is fine but when i instal nei than i get the user map data open eror i think nei hates us :(

lavarthan

Jul 29, 2019
New error log? Also since it is NEI that is giving you trouble you might want to try this.
Back up your save. Delete the NEI folder and NEI.dat from the individual save's folder. There is an NEI folder and an NEI.dat just inside the saves folder delete those as well. If this is a server you are playing on you need to look in the folder that has the same name as the IP of the server.

Armagedon1st

Jul 29, 2019
New error log? Also since it is NEI that is giving you trouble you might want to try this.
Back up your save. Delete the NEI folder and NEI.dat from the individual save's folder. There is an NEI folder and an NEI.dat just inside the saves folder delete those as well. If this is a server you are playing on you need to look in the folder that has the same name as the IP of the server.
it still does not work

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
it still does not work
Make your own thread, stop hijacking other people's. You'll get more help on your own one anyway, because you can put your own error in the title. Yours appears to be a different error at this point, since yours seems to be related to NEI and Alex's is related to Chickenchunks.

Armagedon1st

Jul 29, 2019
Make your own thread, stop hijacking other people's. You'll get more help on your own one anyway, because you can put your own error in the title. Yours appears to be a different error at this point, since yours seems to be related to NEI and Alex's is related to Chickenchunks.
its still the same as him but i dont know sorry for the mess i wish this problems will end :(

Status
Not open for further replies.