Solved Dw20 1.6.4 1.0.3 is it possible to transfer thaumcraft/AM2 research?

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Lucylilium

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, due to some recent events on our servers map for DW20 1.6.4 1.0.3. We decided to do a map reset however, we would like to save our players research on AM2 and thaumcraft. Is this possible?

what files besides the .dat files i would need to save to transfer to our new map?
i'm using filezilla to handle our servers files.

if anyone can give me an idea if its possible to transfer over research that would be great thank you.

Connor Gavitt

Jul 29, 2019
Thaumcraft saves it's research data in the player.dat files. That's also where the persons inventory is stored so in order to keep thaumcraft data they need to keep their inventory and last location

Francis Baster

Jul 29, 2019
For anyone running a MCPC server I would recommend the PowerNBT plugin. Lets you edit player.dat files from in game and lots of other handy features. Can't test this because MC login servers are down (blast!) but you should be able to use this command to copy one person's research to another.

Code:
/nbt @player1 ForgeData.PlayerPersisted.TCResearch = *player2 ForgeData.PlayerPersisted.TCResearch

The difference between @Player and *player is that @Player is for offline players and will use their player.dat, *player is for online players and uses the data currently stored in RAM.

I mainly use this for editing the inventories of offline players, but it's a great plugin.

Reactions: Connor Gavitt

Francis Baster

Jul 29, 2019
I just realised you were simply wanting to transfer research between maps, my bad. In that case simply keeping the contents your DW20World/players folder will suffice , as Connor says.