DW20 1.6.2 download problem

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Please complete this:
http://desk.feed-the-beast.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/9/0/basic-troubleshooting

If you're still having trouble, please post your complete client-side (launcher) console log to pastebin.com and link your paste URL here.
The console log is the one described under the first paragraph in this article. Please post your logs as described to prevent them from expiring.
http://desk.feed-the-beast.com/inde...29/1/what-log-do-you-need-where-can-i-find-it
Then post in this format:

Operating System, bit type:
Java version/update, bit type:
Launcher version:
Completed the troubleshooting guide (y/n):
Console log, pastebin.com link:
Description of the Issue:

If your console log indicates that you have not completed the guide exactly as I have prepared it, then I will ask you to do it again.

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
Make sure that your av/ firewall is not blocking your connection. You could also try changing the download location from the advanced options.

I don't know if you are aware but all, bar one, of the 1.6 packs are designed for use with 64bit systems using 64bit java. The only pack designed for 32 bit systems is the Lite 2 pack.

Reactions: Ashzification

OptimusPrime

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, Would it be possible to play on a 32 bit laptop if in 1.6.4 i add forge and IC2,BC,ThaumC,TinkersC,BiomesOPlenty,ExtraUtillities,OpenBlocks,CompactSolars,SoulShards and maybe a couple more?

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
Is there a number of mods for 1.6 that will work on 32bit... ? i could remove maybe 10-12 mods..

Like Ashzification said I would pick a pack then disable some of the mods using the edit modpack button. I can't say for certain which ones to disable but I would start with the worldgen ones e.g Biomes 'o' Plenty, Ars Magica 2, Thaumcraft and also use a different minimap then opis because it uses a lot of memory. But it is just a a case of trial and error i am afraid.

If you have at least 4gb of ram I would even suggest looking into getting a 64 bit os which if you are in the uk can be less than £50 for windows 7 pro.

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK