DW20 1.4.1 Thaumcraft Aura Nodes

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Cougar281

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know what's up with aura nodes in DW20 1.4.1? They're sucking big time. I've been collecting nodes, and I've lost track of how many I've collected, probably enough collective vis to recharge my thaumium capped silverwood wand twice, but whats happening is the vis from all the nodes I've collected have transferred to one node, most of the nodes have vanished, and most of the vis has vanished too. Collectively, I have probably brought back close to 200 vis of each aspect, but the node now only has single digits of everything but ordo. Does anyone know why 90% of the vis I've collected has vanished?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Are you getting Faded nodes, which don't regenerate vis?

Are you placing the jarred nodes so close that they're bullying each other?

Cougar281

Jul 29, 2019
No, I haven't gotten any faded nodes - I've only jarred 'Normal' nodes, and after un-jarring, I've gotten 'Normal' and 'Normal, Pale' nodes.

As for 'bullying', that could be what's going on. How close is too close (this wasn't an issue last time I played with them)? Unless things have changed a lot, they can only be so far from a charging pedestal to work with it, so you can only place them so far apart...

Cirom

Jan 1, 2013
Does anyone know what's up with aura nodes in DW20 1.4.1? They're sucking big time. I've been collecting nodes, and I've lost track of how many I've collected, probably enough collective vis to recharge my thaumium capped silverwood wand twice, but whats happening is the vis from all the nodes I've collected have transferred to one node, most of the nodes have vanished, and most of the vis has vanished too. Collectively, I have probably brought back close to 200 vis of each aspect, but the node now only has single digits of everything but ordo. Does anyone know why 90% of the vis I've collected has vanished?

A "new*" feature in recent builds of ThaumCraft 4 is that nearby nodes will "combine" into a single node - however, the default way they do this is VERY inefficient. If you craft (I believe) an Advanced Node Stabilizer, you can "protect" a favourite node and have that one be the node which eats all the other nodes. With how you're constantly placing them near, they're pretty much fighting with eachother and losing aspects because of it - if you use an Advanced Node Stabilizer on a "master" node, and have that one eat other nodes one-by-one, you'll (eventually) have a huge Master Node for use with whatever you want. ;D

* I say it's "new", because this was a big thing in ThaumCraft 3. It's been brought back! ;D

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
No, I haven't gotten any faded nodes - I've only jarred 'Normal' nodes, and after un-jarring, I've gotten 'Normal' and 'Normal, Pale' nodes.

As for 'bullying', that could be what's going on. How close is too close (this wasn't an issue last time I played with them)? Unless things have changed a lot, they can only be so far from a charging pedestal to work with it, so you can only place them so far apart...

For reference I actually have a browser shortcut to @Chris Becke's post here.

http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/thaumcraft-4-2-node-bullying-questions.51274/#post-767634

Reactions: Cirom and Inaeo