[DW20 1.12] How recover gravestone from lava lake?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
S

Shokeya

Hello, I managed to kill myself in the middle nether lava lake. I tried build pillar with sand but seems lava destroys it. Bucket of blood does not work too. I can't craft Botania's amulet that ignores lava damage anytime soon. Sorry for my bad English.

SevenMass

Jan 2, 2013
The Netherlands
A vanilla potion of fire "resistance" makes you immune to lava for up to 8 minutes.

The real question is; what happens when you break your gravestone? will items pop out into the world, into the lava?

Falling Sand/gravel doesn't break in lava, but it might pop into item form if it falls on top of the gravestone. (and then, lava destroys them) So don't let it fall on top of the gravestone.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Does Direwolf 1.12 have Actually additions?

There's a thing called a Ring of Liquid Banning. It has a sort of persistent sponge effect that costs RF, but it will basically erase any lava in a reasonably large radius (centered on you). You can walk right through the lava and it will part like the red sea. Depending on the size of the lake you're under, you may want to bring a battery. I think it's 800 per lava block, so you'll need a lot.

edit: https://ftb.gamepedia.com/Ring_of_Liquid_Banning

I guess it's only 300 per lava block now, depending on version.

Last edited:
Reactions: GamerwithnoGame