DW20 1.10 RFtools builder problem

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

zedin

Jul 29, 2019
For the life of me I cannot get this thing to work properly or finish. I loaded it up with tons of power and it started to clear and stops when runs out of power. When I have built up more power and turn it on again it just sits there not scanning or clearing (using a void card). If I clear the card dimensions and redo it it will start again a little but then just craps out. It will have energy and when you click preview support the area is defined but it will not clear or do anything.

With the amount of time I wasted trying to get the thing to work I could have manually cleared the area. What might I be doing wrong?

W

WildWilly

I had two problems with the builder that turned out to be the result of my user error.

My first problem was I had the default shape of box set for the area card. It needs to be solid box or something like that in order to remove the interior of the mine area, not the just the outside of the selected region. You can change this by right clicking the card (you can also setup to void dirt and other misc blocks that way which is convenient, maybe too convenient even).

My second problem was when I setup my builder as a quarry I assumed you map out the square mining area at the top and then the builder would automatically work its way down to bedrock (like the Buildcraft quarry does). I did that and my builder only worked through from y level 73 to 76 and then stopped. I restarted it, tried the continual scanning option, and nothing happened other then I would see the Y level bounce in the builder GUI around the original 76 to 73 range.

Then I tried resetting the card to cover a cube to be mined, not the square top face only. I set one corner at the top dirt surface layer then dug down to the diagonal opposite of the cube to set the other corner. That seemed to work. I started seeing deeper metals and redstone show up in the chest attached to the builder so I know it was working at least below the previous area. I logged off after watching for a few minutes and had not seen any diamonds yet but I think its all setup correctly now.

I think what tripped me up was in my first attempt I had setup a mining area on the surface only with the two corners of the square. From one corner to the other corner I had gone down several blocks on the surface so when I looked at the preview view the highlighted area was a 3D area like I expected that covered down the dirt surface of the whole selected area. My wrong assumption was that the 3D area extended down to bedrock, not just down the few block I traversed when setting up the area. I bet if I had dug down five or so blocks to check my selection in preview mode I would have seen that.

Anyway, your issue might be different but hope this helps.