DUST514 Beta

Narcisism

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone else get into the beta for this? I recently found an invite in my email so I've been playing it a bit and it's actually pretty fun. <Description Removed Because the NDA is Unclear>

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
It is a fps game only available on PS3, made by CCP, the creators of Eve Online.

Basically, it is made so that both games can impact each other.

Not believing into the joystick based FPS, I didn't register for the beta (so no NDA for me), and it has caused Eve players to be quite skeptical on where the firm was going, after some already strange changes on the game.

I don't know much more about this, as I am not interested, but that should at least provide you a basis to know what this game is about.

Narcisism

Jul 29, 2019
http://dust514.com :)

Like I said, there's a pretty strict NDA, but after looking through it a bit, I'm fairly sure that the extent of what I can tell you is this: It's fun. And this is coming from someone who usually doesn't much like First Person Shooters. There are some things that still need to be tweaked, but hey, it's a beta.

On top of that, I can tell you that you customize your gearset in a way similar to customizing ship load outs in EVE Online. And I can only tell you that because it was revealed by CCP. But mostly, I'm just wondering if there's anyone else playing that I can add on PSN, because I'm lonely. I don't know anyone else who's playing it :p

BeddingPlants

Jul 29, 2019
I'm in Dust beta, have been since May. It is extremely fun! The game is buggy, but gets better each build. So happy to be playing it, I've been waiting for Dust since 2009. Message me, I'll add you on PSN.

ScottWears

Jul 29, 2019
Is this the eve game that directly effects eve online (or will eventually) if so its sounds very interesting

Narcisism

Jul 29, 2019
Is this the eve game that directly effects eve online (or will eventually) if so its sounds very interesting
Yes, it is :) That part is only sort of implemented right now; it's linked to the test server instead of the real server, and the test server is closed to eve players at the moment.

I would say Eve is worth it if you put in the work to make it worth it. It's not an easy game by any means. I'll send you a message with an extended free trial so you can try it out :) EDIT: Nevermind, I apparently can't do that, anymore D: I need to scrape up money to activate my account one of these days xD

Kronossan

Jul 29, 2019
[insert obligatory 'if only this was being released for pc' comment here]

I've been playing EVE for years and am still addicted. However, I don't and am very likely never going to own a PS3 (or any console for that matter). Dust really does look to be a good game and I'm really looking forward to its release and to see how it's going to affect EVE and how we do certain things in it.

Edit: grammar

BeddingPlants

Jul 29, 2019
Dust514 is open beta now, NDA lifted. If you have a PS3, download and play it for free! My character name is NaglfarBP. If you want someone to squad with, or just have Q's about the game, drop me a message.