Dumping to BC Pipes

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Larroke

Jul 29, 2019
If you want to go grab Logistics Pipes, the Quicksort Module and Quicksort Mk II module would be about perfect for your needs, AND is your sorting system all in one. Pulls out stacks at a time, so it could easily keep up. The Mk. II version pulls them out faster.

I have an initial diamond pipe coming out of my quarry to split off ores to be refined from the rest of the stuff. The enderchest the ores side goes to is connected to one directly on top of my Pulverizer, which will automatically pull stuff out. It then gets processed by the pulverizer, induction smelter, and powered furnace (for the bonus ores) and outputs into the pipe that leads straight to my metals chest. Cobble, dirt, sand, and gravel all get routed to my recyclers. The rest get sorted appropriately.

Puts a lot less stress on the system that way, since the vast majority of the quarry's output (cobble, dirt, sand, and gravel) don't even hit the sorting system. They go directly to recycling.

Yes, sorting to recycler at the source is one way, just not the way I was attempting to figure it out. With RP this isn't an issue... I'll try tubestuff buffer before logipipes.

thatsIch

Jul 29, 2019
If you want to go grab Logistics Pipes, the Quicksort Module and Quicksort Mk II module would be about perfect for your needs, AND is your sorting system all in one. Pulls out stacks at a time, so it could easily keep up. The Mk. II version pulls them out faster.

I have an initial diamond pipe coming out of my quarry to split off ores to be refined from the rest of the stuff. The enderchest the ores side goes to is connected to one directly on top of my Pulverizer, which will automatically pull stuff out. It then gets processed by the pulverizer, induction smelter, and powered furnace (for the bonus ores) and outputs into the pipe that leads straight to my metals chest. Cobble, dirt, sand, and gravel all get routed to my recyclers. The rest get sorted appropriately.

Puts a lot less stress on the system that way, since the vast majority of the quarry's output (cobble, dirt, sand, and gravel) don't even hit the sorting system. They go directly to recycling.
but then you must use the 1.4.5 version. LP for 1.4.2 doesnt have QS MK2 :3

Larroke

Jul 29, 2019
Quicksort Module still pulls stacks at a time. Should easily keep up.
Trying to avoid Logistics Pipes if I can as that fork will never be part of full pack, but I'll take a look. It appears that the buffer from TubeStuff will do exactly what I need (including intelligently/automagically stacking items), and it will eventually be part of the pack.

thatsIch

Jul 29, 2019
Trying to avoid Logistics Pipes if I can as that fork will never be part of full pack, but I'll take a look. It appears that the buffer from TubeStuff will do exactly what I need (including intelligently/automagically stacking items), and it will eventually be part of the pack.

therefor I'm trying to avoid it. It just do everything for you and without any real costs and brain to setup

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Ummm... Quicksort Modules were a part of the main Logistics Pipes, well before someone started forking it. Heck it was in Season 4 of DW20's LP.

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
Ummm... Quicksort Modules were a part of the main Logistics Pipes, well before someone started forking it. Heck it was in Season 4 of DW20's LP.
Yeah but FTB will be using the official Logi pipes by Krapht when done, I think his point was who knows if the fork will be compatible with the official one when released and losing all your pipes would suck somewhat.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Yeah but FTB will be using the official Logi pipes by Krapht when done, I think his point was who knows if the fork will be compatible with the official one when released and losing all your pipes would suck somewhat.
Umm... as I said... Quicksort Module is in the official Logi pipes by Krapht. So yes, it will likely be in.

As far as compatibility... I'm not sweating starting over when it updates to 1.4.5. I've played around with it a bit, sort of an extended tutorial mode familiarizing myself with all the various new mechanics, but when 1.4.5 comes out... the biological waste product just got digits to the right of the decimal. So of course I'm going to ditch my current maps and play on a new one.

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
Umm... as I said... Quicksort Module is in the official Logi pipes by Krapht. So yes, it will likely be in.

As far as compatibility... I'm not sweating starting over when it updates to 1.4.5. I've played around with it a bit, sort of an extended tutorial mode familiarizing myself with all the various new mechanics, but when 1.4.5 comes out... the biological waste product just got digits to the right of the decimal. So of course I'm going to ditch my current maps and play on a new one.
I'm doing the same thing myself try out a few things while waiting for RP2 basically and yes the Quicksort module is in the official Logi pipes but item ID's will most likely be different hell the modules themselves in the fork don't stack once placed and removed, since their metadata I suspect gets changed by the setting saver thingy in it.

voidreality

Jul 29, 2019
Turtles can pull 16 items/full stacks out of a chest very fast. might be something to look into. I love them for my sorting room.

Bukky

Jul 29, 2019
best way i found was to slap a wooden pipe on the ender chest, then place a redstone energy cell (set to 2 MJ/t output) onto wooden pipe, then put an electrical engine on the energy cell.

love bukky