Problem Drawer Contoller

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
J

JTeam1

So I have a mob farm going and want to send the items to drawers in my base. The items are being auto collected. I have a transfer node with transfer pipes going to the drawer controller. The drawers won't fill though. I don't have grid power yet. Do I need it for the controller?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

K

kiwiCptn

The drawer controller doesn't need power.
Are your drawers touching the controller, and within a 12-block radius?
Did you try different pipes (than Extra Utils)?

J

JTeam1

Does the drawer controller need a transfer node or just my storage crate by my mob farm

K

kiwiCptn

SCTN--DC
The storage crate is the one you put the transfer node on. Then it's pipes to your drawer controller.

J

JTeam1

That's what I thought. I ran transfers pipes from level 1 up to my base on level 41. The transfer pipe goes directly into the bottom of the controller and the drawers touch it. Could it maybe be the wrong controller. There seemed to be a couple maybe I have the wrong one?

K

KiloFox0918

Pictures?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
I'm pretty sure there's only 1 controller. The other thing that looks close to it is a slave. They have similar recipes, but I believe the controller uses diamonds and the slave uses gold. I might be a bit off...

Anyway, I don't think it can just touch on the corners. It needs to touch on the sides, and you can use frames to connect them as well. But, that's all there is to it. As long as it connects directly to the controller and there are slots open, it should work. I've been working with this myself for the last few weeks (before taking my brief DOOM intermission) and that's literally all there is to it. I have a whole 25x16 room lined with drawers with a single drawer controller in the center, connected to the walls via oak frames under the carpets.

sometimes the items can take a few minutes to find their destination, I've noticed. So if you gave up early, check it again. That happened to me my first time through. I thought it was broken, but it just took a few minutes to update.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
ExUtil pipes can get slow when you have a lot of them because it uses an algorithm to find where it should go, and it process it very slowly. If it is pumping 40+ blocks, then there's GOING to be a delay.

J

JTeam1

Here are some pictures of my set up. It will pull items into the transfer node but they don't go anywhere after that.

2017-03-26_13.28.12.png
2017-03-26_13.28.24.png
2017-03-26_13.28.28.png
2017-03-26_13.28.46.png

Attachments

• 2017-03-05_08.35.55.png
    2017-03-05_08.35.55.png
    953.8 KB · Views: 66
H

Hurst_Quayzar

Okay, I set up something similar to try and help.
2017-03-26_14.34.11.png

2017-03-26_14.34.20.png

Now, even with this short of a run of transfer pipes, there is some lag time or delay. Seems to take forever for a stack of cobble to transfer. But it works. Looking at your set-up, I am wondering if the Transfer Pipe run is too long? Just wondering. Also, make sure you have places for the stuff to go in your Storage Drawers (Not Locked, Not Full, etc...). I have made that mistake in the past.

The Ender IO Item Conduit is much faster if you can get ahold of the materials...

You could set up a couple of Storage Crates or Chests along the Transfer Pipe route to see if items are transferring. Plus, that would shorten the Pipes a bit.

Last edited:
T

Tanehu98

Enderio item conduit can be made using a tinkers smeltery if that helps. Just combine an ender pearl and iron, then make an ingot. From there its the regular recipe.

Cpt_gloval

Oct 20, 2013
Do you have any speed upgrades in the ExU transfer node? If not it will only transfer 1 item at a time, and yes it will take a but even with only 1 destination to "find" the other end, then send another one.
Put a few speed upgrades and a stack upgrade in the node, see if that helps.

flyingwizard

Jan 24, 2020
Im having the exact same problem the system works chest to chest, but not chest to drawer controller