Drawbridges Stealing My Blocks

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Archie Duffy

Jul 29, 2019
I have 3 draw bridges with 5 Fantasy Blocks in from the Chisel mod, but they keep stealing a block every time I go near the Entity Detector that activates them. Why are they doing this?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I have 3 draw bridges with 5 Fantasy Blocks in from the Chisel mod, but they keep stealing a block every time I go near the Entity Detector that activates them. Why are they doing this?
They what? Steal blocks how?

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Erm, drawbridges can deploy blocks, as well as pull them in. I highly doubt they're "stealing" the blocks.

Reactions: Not_Steve

Archie Duffy

Jul 29, 2019
Erm, drawbridges can deploy blocks, as well as pull them in. I highly doubt they're "stealing" the blocks.
No there should be five in, I keep putting more in but they always take one block every time they get activated.[DOUBLEPOST=1406393510][/DOUBLEPOST]The door should look like:

B B B
B B B
B B B
B B B
B B B

but the drawbridges always make 1 block vanish so it looks like:

B B B
A A A
B B B
B B B
B B B

B being a block and A being air.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Do you have any Wrath Lamps or other invisible entities nearby that could interfere with spawning of the blocks?

Reactions: Padfoote

Archie Duffy

Jul 29, 2019
Do you have any Wrath Lamps or other invisible entities nearby that could interfere with spawning of the blocks?
Didn't think about that, I did hear that Wrath Lamps created invisible light sources. Didn't think it would affect Drawbridges though.

Archie Duffy

Jul 29, 2019
Personally I like the darkness. I'd prolly ditch the lamps (heard they cause a fair bit amount of lag anyways) in favor of just using magnum torches.
Yes, but then bats would spawn. And bats are more annoying than creepers blowing you up when you're AFK near all you're expensive machinery up.[DOUBLEPOST=1406398609][/DOUBLEPOST]
I wonder if Thaumcraft's arcane lamps do the same thing.
Yes they do.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Yes, but then bats would spawn. And bats are more annoying than creepers blowing you up when you're AFK near all you're expensive machinery up.
I think bats only spawn in dark areas as long as you are under a certain Y-level. I have never seen any in my current "sky base" despite having lots of areas unlit but covered by Magnum Torches.
From MC wiki: "Below layer 63, light level of 4 or less"

Else just design in Glowstone, Inverted Lamps(Project red, Mariculture, whatever), Illiminators etc. into your build so that every part is lit more than level 4 everywhere.