Draconic upgrade process won't Start

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
A

Anton_

I'm following DW20's LP S9 (1.7.1), currently doing Draconic Evolution. I've played with DE in a previous DW20-LP and not had serious problems.

My problem now is that, while seemingly happily accepting the required Fusion Crafting items, and presenting the usual "Start" button, the Fusion Crafting Core does not start when clicking on the [Start] button - no error message, and no usual "sparking" or charging.

I'd be grateful for any help, please.

Mtz3NdF.jpg

I have a Draconic Bow and a Draconic Sword. I've upgraded both via Basic to Wyvern RF Power, and the Bow to Wyvern Arrow Speed, Draw Speed, and Arrow Damage, and the Sword to Wyvern Damage and AOE, all without any problems - e.g., the Bow, below.

8HuXHW8.jpg

My ten Fusion Crafting Injectors are all Draconic, and I used them in the last set of upgrades (to Wyvern), so I know they work. I also upgraded all the Energy Crystals to Wyvern, in case it was a power transfer problem.

PTzIqwG.jpg

The Injectors are all properly wirelessly connected.

dNIXHD9.jpg

I have a Tier 5 Draconic Energy Core holding just shy of 60Bn RF, so power is not a problem.

The Fusion Crafting Core's GUI shows particles drifting from the eight items towards the central rectangle, and clicking the Start button produces a "click" from the speakers, so mouse clicks are registered but then nothing further happens - the charging process does not proceed - no "sparking", nothing. And no error messages.

I believe I have all the correct items for Fusion Crafting - I've checked and rechecked several times against JEI and the DE tablet. The GUI in the first image above will usually not appear anyway, if the items are not the correct ones.

nkCZvED.jpg

G4L269s.jpg

PtvJO61.jpg

I'm obviously missing something fundamental, and I'm going to kick myself when some kind soul points out what it is.

I've tried the other upgrade keys, both on the Bow and the Sword, but no dice. I've also quit to desktop and restarted, but also no dice.

I'd be most grateful for any guidance, please?

Last edited:

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
I got nothin. Assuming you have the right recipe and have the previous step. The overall setup looks right. At first I thought that the fusion crafter needed to be up one block, but unless the floor is an issue, the item holder thingies that I forget what they're called, look like they're fine in relation to the fusion crafter block, so I don't think that's it either, other than as a hail mary.

The "start" button doesn't pop up until everything is right, right?

Edit: IT's saying 0 RF in one of the pictures, are you sure that wireless crystal is properly connected to a power source?

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame
A

Anton_

I got nothin. Assuming you have the right recipe and have the previous step. The overall setup looks right. At first I thought that the fusion crafter needed to be up one block, but unless the floor is an issue, the item holder thingies that I forget what they're called, look like they're fine in relation to the fusion crafter block, so I don't think that's it either, other than as a hail mary.
Er... the floor an issue? Not sure I follow you?

The "start" button doesn't pop up until everything is right, right?
That's my understanding too.

Edit: IT's saying 0 RF in one of the pictures, are you sure that wireless crystal is properly connected to a power source?
I'm able to do Draconic Energy Relay Crystals using that setup (i.e., infusing Wyvern ERCs), so the physical setup must be correct. So I just did another batch of Draconic ERCs and this time I had a look at what the RF numbers do - while the Injectors are infusing power into the core, the RF goes up, and stays up until the crafting process completes, and then all return to 0RF.

After successfully doing the Draconic ERCs, I tried the bow again, but no change - the GUI with the [Start] button shows (implying all correct), but clicking it does not make it proceed. I thought the Infinity and Power enchants might be the problem, so I took the enchants off first - no dice.

I've just watched DW20's video of today where he does the same thing (21:22), and it works for him... but not for meeee :(

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
The floor thing isn't an issue. DW's version is the same. What I meant by that was that the effective range is a 3x3 centered around the fusion crafter. I run mine one step higher, and I wasn't sure if the flooring being in the way of what would be the bottom row would affect anything. But it's similar ro DW's setup in that video, so you should be ok.

So, I don't know. It looks right. That start button only pops up when the recipe is right. So, the only thing I keep coming back to is a power issue. I don't know. Sometimes those DE crystals can get buggy (well, more specifically, the only issues I've had are with the pylons, but I'm throwing things out there). My recommendation is to try breaking that down and re-pairing the nodes to the wifi.

Reactions: Anton_
A

Anton_

OK, problem fixed - not sure I understand the mechanics of why it caused a problem, but it works now.

I was in the habit of putting the Awakened Core in the bottom middle injector of the group of four, and noticed that when I clicked on the injector, rather than returning the items to me, they went to Refined Storage (none were lost). I thought maybe the ACs were dodgy, so made another batch - same thing. Other items put into that injector did return to me, though. So I had a look at the connections round the back and saw that when I had put down the new Draconic injectors, the itemduct had autoconnected to the back of the bottom middle injector, so that it had two connections, the filtered one underneath (for pattern recipes) and an ordinary connection at back. When I disconnected the autoconnected one, ACs then returned to me, not to storage. And... draconic fusion crafting is now working as expected! :)

As I said, I'm not sure why it was a problem. I have a feeling that the rendering of the ACs on the injector may be it - it was probably a phantom rendering (like what happens when an fusion autocrafted item remains visible in the fusion core after it's already been sucked out) - i.e., the AC was not really there. But - that still doesn't explain why (a) it affected only ACs, and (b) why the fusion core was happy to present a GUI.

Anyway - whatever - I now have an awesome Bow and an equally awesome Sword!

Reactions: Drbretto