Draconic reactor blast radius?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
A

Anton_

I'm finding different answers online for the horizontal blast radius.

In DW20's Let's Play season 8 episode 95, about the 01:20 mark, he says he has heard from various people, including the author of DracEvo that, at 256 blocks distant, his reactor is not far enough from his base to avoid damage from an explosion.

However, this post says it's a 200 block radius, which means that 256 blocks away should be plenty (and this post says the vertical distance is ±20-30 blocks).

Does anyone have a definitive answer?

P

pcfan

In this Video here it looks about 200 blocks in radius.

But this is an older Version, maybe it changed a bit lately?
It also depends on how much fuel is inside.

Here is an explosion in the current Version - it seems bigger and the explosion looks way cooler.

Edit: Just tested it in a testworld. Radius was a bit more than 300 Blocks.
I attached a screenshot. Note that I had to increase render distance to 32 chunks to barely see the whole thing as the diameter is more than 600 blocks (over 300 radius from the center to the edge).

The explosion was quite beutiful to watch but very deadly. Only my (cheated) full draconic armor prevented me from dying even as i was about 200 blocks out and 100 block up from center. (just in sight of the core with standard render distance of 12 chunks).

As DWs reactor is in sight of his base I would say there will be nothing left of the base when it explodes with max fuel.

Attachments

• 2017-06-04_22.40.00.png
    2017-06-04_22.40.00.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 283
Last edited:
Reactions: Anton_