Draconic Evolution Energy Core -- Aesthetics (Share Your Setup!)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Brotuulaan

Jan 14, 2018
I'm getting ramped up to put a DE energy core in my base and am trying to decide how I want to set it up. It's a pretty cool setup, and I want to show it off--but I also want to do it well rather than just hang it in the sky.

So I'm in my creative world trying some stuff out right now, and I wanted to see if you all had pictures of your setup that you'd want to share!

My base in this world (FTB Infinity Evolved) is hovering over an ocean and a small island in a lagoon of sorts, made primarily of chiseled marble. It has a primary center room and square pads encircling it:
Base.jpg

I'm thinking I'll put my energy core directly above the middle of my base, and I want to put some sort of arms on the particle generators, kind of like Hypnotized does with his energy core in this video:

I'm looking at using carpenter's blocks for the shape and whatever material for the arms (probably chiseled marble, but maybe something a bit more energetic-looking?), but I want to make sure it doesn't get too fat and unwieldy. Perhaps the particle generators could be set vertically, open-faced towards the front, with arms on either side and a hovering bit covering the top generator?

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

Brotuulaan

Jan 14, 2018
Hm.... Looks like you can't do vertical in this version. :(

So with horizontal being the only option, I'm thinking maybe some sort of stripped down version of his...or maybe a halo around the generators with some sort of legs going down to my roof...

Brotuulaan

Jan 14, 2018
I've got a working idea with the pods to cover the particle generators, but I'm still not sure about the arms to reach up to them. Here's what I have:
Base.jpg

There are a couple of carpenter's chiseled varieties of the Marble With Large Dent (used on the bottom layer of the pod), fading down to the bricks for the moment. I don't really like it, but that's what it is for the moment.

Thoughts? Totally different designs you all have for this kind of thing?

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

Brotuulaan

Jan 14, 2018
Oh, and depending on the texture block, I'll probably try to add spikes or something to the sides so they're not totally flat. But since the little spike carpenter's blocks are only vertical, I'll have to think on that for a while.Can't think of any particular shapes in this mod that would work on the side like this.