Windows .exe Downloading ftb modpack

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevin9542

Jul 29, 2019
Hello everyone, i bought minecraft a week ago, liked it and some of my friends told me about this awesome modpack.
So what i did was: I went to the official website, downloaded the .exe file, logged in the launcher, chose 1.4.6 direwolf ftb modpack, it starts downloading, its a total of around 23mb. After a while when it reaches around 15mb , not sure, it gives me an error , error downloading modpack, i click ok, it starts downloading the game jars, and launches the normal minecraft game.
I tried everything, disabeld firewall, anti virus, my internet is totaly fine, windows 7 home premium 64 bit.
May i ask what is going on? Im currently copying the files from a friend of mine that was able to download it some time ago.

I've read that it is a launcher issue or a overloaded download website,

Is this going to get fixed or something? Because it happens to some people, i tried the other fix to go to the website to download it manualy, and the link didnt bring me to a download, only the home page of creeper host .

kevin9542

Jul 29, 2019
My antivirus is AVG, Can't get a console log anymore since i copied the game from a friend and just logged in, the console log showed some adding packs things, then logging in, and a little later it gives the same error as most people have, which is error downloading modpack

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
You might have to try uninstalling AVG to make sure it's completely not interfering.

You said your internet was fine. Hrmm. I may need to think about this one.
Is there a chance you can get a copy of your friends modpack after they've completely downloaded it?

Status
Not open for further replies.