Downloaded Retro SSP on FTB Launcher and it doesn't launch

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

iBeGhostting

Jul 29, 2019
Title Downloaded Retro SSP on FTB Launcher and it doesn't launch

Launcher Type FTB Launcher

Modpack FTB Retro SSP

Modpack version v3

Have you modified the pack? No

Link to log file http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/33c3495f

Details of the issue Downloaded the FTB Retro SSP Modpack from the FTB Launcher and got this error. I even tried using MultiMC and Curse launcher to install it before trying the FTB launcher. I reinstalled in on all the launchers multiple times, I reinstalled java and uninstalled every other version, I even tried java 7 to see if an older java helped, I have been having this issue for 3 or 4 days now and I have decided it is time to report it here for further help from the FTB community..

Last edited by a moderator:

iBeGhostting

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone at least know what the error means? Because if I know what it means it would help. I feel like something installed incorrectly or I don't have something that is needed or maybe something I do have isn't being read properly. I just need to figure this out so I can play some good old FTB Skyblock :(

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
Do you have any antivirus software on your machine?

iBeGhostting

Jul 29, 2019
Do you have any antivirus software on your machine?
I am not home currently but I have Malwarebytes CCleaner and AVG as my antivirus programs. All my other modpacks work on like 1.10 and everything but this pack on 1.2.5 is not working.

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
I tried the pack and it launches for me.

Can you please try these 2 things:
Move the installation from your desktop to c:\ftb or c:\games (or anything else outside system created folders)

Go to options tab and change install folder and then press launch, this will then download the pack to the new location - this goes for all packs.
Do not copy over manually, let the packs download to the new location, and just move over your saved worlds - do this with copy and paste, don't use cut and paste.
(this will assure that no permissions on files and folders are broken)
And do not start the launcher as admin.

If this doesn't work, also add exceptions for the folder c:\ftb + java to AVG

If both these steps fails, please post new log.

iBeGhostting

Jul 29, 2019
I tried the pack and it launches for me.

Can you please try these 2 things:
Move the installation from your desktop to c:\ftb or c:\games (or anything else outside system created folders)

Go to options tab and change install folder and then press launch, this will then download the pack to the new location - this goes for all packs.
Do not copy over manually, let the packs download to the new location, and just move over your saved worlds - do this with copy and paste, don't use cut and paste.
(this will assure that no permissions on files and folders are broken)
And do not start the launcher as admin.

If this doesn't work, also add exceptions for the folder c:\ftb + java to AVG

If both these steps fails, please post new log.
I will try these tonight. Thanks for the help I will let you know what happens when I try.

iBeGhostting

Jul 29, 2019
I will try these tonight. Thanks for the help I will let you know what happens when I try.

I changed the installation folder to C:/ftb and it works now. I waited 2 months for someone to help me and it was just this? Now could you at least explain why this was the cause of it not working?

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
Something broke permissions to the folders/files that made access impossible.