Download failure

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

agrodon

Jul 29, 2019
When attempting to download something through the launcher, 99% of the time it will freeze up and not continue the download.
To download it, I used to grab the link from the Console and download it manually...
But this is no longer an option, since the Console does not show the url anymore.

qaEEn.png

Does anyone have an idea why this is happening, or how I could fix it?

And temporarily: Does anyone have a raw copy of the latest version of the MindCrack modpack? (client)

Aus_Firewing

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having a similar problem

Every time I attempt to download the modpack the downlaoder gets to 920Kb and just stops. Worse still, it locks up my entire internet connection so that nothing can get through. No download, no upload.
I have to restart my computer if I want internet again.

stuck.PNG

As far as I can tell there is no timeout on this. I've had it sitting there for half an hour and still nothing.

There are no errors or any indication that something is wrong in the console log. It just has the URL of the download.

Launcher v1.2.2
Mindcrack 7

Belone

Jul 29, 2019
Are you able to change the console window in the background from "Minimal" logging (you can see the button at the bottom) to "Debug" logging? This might give a bit more information.

Also have you checked that your Firewall (either Windows or an external one) allows the FTB launcher through it?

Aus_Firewing

Jul 29, 2019
Spoke too soon.

Different file now.
stuck2.PNG

Log

Can't get the log on Pastebin because the launcher prevents any internet access once it freezes up.

I am based in Australia

Belone

Jul 29, 2019
What's really suspicious is that it kills your internet connection when you try, which makes me think there is more to it then just an FTB connection. Is it just your computer that loses network connectivity or does the internet in your whole house go down?

Status
Not open for further replies.