Downgrading FTB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raven0513

Jul 29, 2019
I was playing on a FTB server when my computer restarted. when i relaunched FTB it asked if i wanted to update so i figured why not, but now i cant play on that server and i was wondering if i could somehow go back to the previous version of FTB before 1.0.6

Wabbit

Jul 29, 2019
Guys, it's not FTB's fault. The error message and twitter says that the Minecraft Session servers are down. Just be patient. They're working on it.
[Sauce]

Reactions: Meldiron

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Go read a book? When the servers go down, they have a team of people there to fix it. And more often than not, it's no easy fix and will take some time. You can bet that in the next 1-3 hours it will be back up, then there will be a backlog of people trying to log in. Come back in a few hours.

Raven0513

Jul 29, 2019
wow that was fast replies. most games with forums i play i dont get replied till almost a day, theres always SSP to, i thought it was because i updated FTB, didnt think about it bein a temporary bug or whatever in minecraft itself

Wabbit

Jul 29, 2019
wow that was fast replies. most games with forums i play i dont get replied till almost a day, theres always SSP to, i thought it was because i updated FTB, didnt think about it bein a temporary bug or whatever in minecraft itself
Yeah, I thought that too until I noticed the url it was trying to connect too. Plus the IOException FTB flashes me with then they have slashdot problems.

EDIT: You're welcome, by the way. :)

Raven0513

Jul 29, 2019
nvm SSP, i entered my world and anything other than vanilla was gone hope i can get my stuff back when this is all fixed

oh yeah thanks to XD

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Note: some of us spend most of our free time playing/helping others play. I am one of those people. But today, I'm taking down some trees at my in-laws. And thankfully all of the others who help out are still here too :)

Wabbit

Jul 29, 2019
nvm SSP, i entered my world and anything other than vanilla was gone hope i can get my stuff back when this is all fixed

oh yeah thanks to XD
Yeah I did that once. The way my server host works is when you tell it to look for jars, it looks for jars named Minecraft_Server.jar. Of course I forgot to rename the ftb server jar, so it used a default, blank jar and wiped all the mod stuff.

Lesson learned, back up your worlds.
Which reminds me, I'm about due for a backup...

Edit: Or not because the FTP connection's misbehaving.

Reactions: Ashzification

MFB

Jul 29, 2019
Noticed this issue this morning, did some troubleshooting before eventually finding this thread. I'm not versed in exactly how the MC session servers work; is there a short answer as to why a vanilla server seems to work fine but FTB doesn't?

E: Disregard struck text, talked to the admin and the vanilla server may have been set to offline mode already. Anyway, thanks for the heads up. :)

Wabbit

Jul 29, 2019
Noticed this issue this morning, did some troubleshooting before eventually finding this thread. I'm not versed in exactly how the MC session servers work; is there a short answer as to why a vanilla server seems to work fine but FTB doesn't?
You can get into vanilla servers? Are they in offline or online mode?

Wabbit

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry for the confusion, edited my post.
Well, I posted a dissection to the error but I don't remember where.

Basically when trying to communitcate with the session servers, they return with a code 500 which is a failed connection, meaning it can't let you enter a session on a third party server. Dinnerbone's working on it right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.