Double Tap Issue

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

TheQuixote

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone else having an issue when placing blocks and opening chests? I open a chest and automatically have half a stack of what was under the mouse and double place almost everything ( really annoying with half blocks )

This issue seems to have popped up with the Galactic craft and Blood and Bones packs.

Any help or workarounds?

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
I've seen it happen to people when performance is an issue (either connection to a server or tickrate of your world). But only very, very rarely and pretty much never in singleplayer.

TheQuixote

Jul 29, 2019
64 bit win 7 on an i7-2600 @ 3.4GHz, Radeon HD 6750. Not the fastest machine out there these days, but I find it hard to believe it would be among the slowest.

But the lack of response leads me to think it's on my end.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Well a few things would help:
1) If it is that you are playing BnB WITH Glacticraft, or as seperate instances
2) Server or Singleplayer
3) (if you have COFH core) do "/cofh tps" in game, and tell us the numbers
4) Do you have chunkloaders, if yes, is the number of chunks loaded a ridiculous amount?
5) Have you tried lowering settings slightly? BnB can be a PITA with memory usage due to all the mobs trying to kill you, GC with the new dimensions
6) Do you have chunks loaded in other dimensions

TheQuixote

Jul 29, 2019
Single player. Single instance running

overall 20.00 tps/5.33ms (100%) on high settings
overall 20.00 tps/29.51ms (100%) on low settings

default FTB installs of both packs, no chunk loaders
5gig Ram allocated to java.

Seems to be performance triggered ( gets worse under heavy load, mobs at night etc. )

Actually I first noticed it in Crash landing.

Another symptom is switches and doors. sometimes they will toggle 2 and 3 times on a single click.

Only seems to be right click interaction......

Looks like the mouse was going bad (Razar 17 Btn mouse, guess it was firing off multiple right clicks per user click )

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
No. It makes sense at night on BnB. It can be heavily CPU intensive at night. And if you had zombie awareness on CL then that'd explain it there too :p

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
I've seen it too with my son's computer but he solved it by using another mouse. Even though the mouse was ok in all applications it appeared to cause issues in Minecraft for some reason.

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
Also, take down Java memory to 3GB. 5GB is too much, and will actually make it run worse.

TheQuixote

Jul 29, 2019
I've seen it too with my son's computer but he solved it by using another mouse. Even though the mouse was ok in all applications it appeared to cause issues in Minecraft for some reason.
This appears to be what the issue is. For what ever reason this Razer 17 Btn mouse was having issues with minecraft. Sucks not having a number pad on my mouse to quickly choose tools and weapons.