Greylist Server DOGS OF THE STATE: OUTPOSTS [FeedTheBeast - MindCrack v8] [1.4.7] [Mature] [Military Minded]

• This section is now closed. Server owners can remake their threads in the new server section here. If you are looking for a server you can use both this section and the new section for the time being.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jvonbon

Jul 29, 2019
NOOOO! My kids just went down for a nap and the server crashes?!?![DOUBLEPOST=1360522933][/DOUBLEPOST]It's back!!!

Reacher48154

Jul 29, 2019
  • Have you READ everything before this? Yes sir I have
  • How long have you spent looking around The Kingdom? Not long. I know the ROYGBIV, but took a step too far on the blue portion of the test, to ensure there was not a different shade of blue and fell into a hole (I suffer from some color blindness and shades are sometimes difficult to tell apart). I am requesting a second chance please from the administration
  • Where are you from (Example - Iowa or United Kingdom)? United States of America
  • How old are you? 51 this April
  • If you are not 18 or older, who is your Sponsor?
  • What gender do you wish to be know by? Male
  • What is your Minecraft Username? reacher48154
  • What other games do you play on a semi-regular basis? besides minecraft, I play a variety. I am very excited about the upcoming SimCity
  • What role do you enjoy taking the most in Minecraft (Eg: Farmer, Builder, Explorer, Digger)? Miner 75%, Explorer 20%, Indentured Servant 5%
  • If you are added, how often do you intend to be on? a couple of hours a day
  • What is your schedule like, what hours do you most often play? Evenings, late night
  • Why do you think you will be a good fit for the Dogs of the State? I am civil, polite and try to avoid drama.
  • (Optional) What have you seen worked well on other servers that you might like us to implement too?
  • (Optional) If you have any history of Military service, what branch were/are you a part of, what was/is your rank, and where were/are you stationed? U.S. Army, Last post Fort Sill, OK
Again I would like to be considered for a second try. I am well aware of the test, but I stepped to far to make sure there was not another different shade and hit a hole. I was banned from the server as a result. I await the administrations decision. If a negative, I bid you all a pleasant day.

wotaniif

Jul 29, 2019
Today I connected to the server to ask for an interview, but the relevant persons didn't seem to be there, so I started checking out the guest-area. Eventually I managed to leave it (I didn't exactly leave it, just standing on the wall is all).

long story short: could some one please unban me and reset my spawn-position?

DocHuzz

Jul 29, 2019
Portal Gun Policies
For those of you using Portal Guns PLEASE do not use the variations known as Default, P-Body's, or Atlas's Portal Gun. These guns are NOT Unique, and someone else can find another like it and you WILL lose your portals repeatedly. Perhaps if one is found, a moderator could exchange it for one that is uniquely keyed i.e the PotatOS or Bacon Gun? It seems rather silly based on the multiplayer aspect of the server that we should have people using these guns as they would sometimes be stranded because of others. We don't want to screw people over, and this is a logical step towards preventing this.

Sir_Squ

Jul 29, 2019
I regret to inform you all that I must take an extended break for a time.
I just feel that my efforts and engery that I put into Minecraft could be put to better use in school.
With out going into too much detail I will say that I am at a critical point in my life and do not have the extra time for Games right now :(.
I might still hop on during the weekend but do not count on it.

Again it is with a deep regret that I must scale back on this but I have tried and failed to have this balances with my school work and I can not in good faith keep doing this.
It deeply saddens me to go and I sincerely hope to see you all again when things are less crazy.

-Sir_Squ

Edit: Ok so I tend to make weird post at 1:00 am when I am up at night thinking of my failures. YES it was bad that I played minecraft all weekend when I have a Project coming up but I just can't suddenly go cold Turkey and stop playing, I'll go crazy! I will how ever be cutting back is what I should have said, yet I am ever the Drama King and always want to make things seem more dire then they are sometimes :p

Faesyn

Jul 29, 2019
Well Sir_Squ. We only had a brief chance to chat. Hopefully we can see you around when you feel you have some free time. I wish you luck with all your school work!

jvonbon

Jul 29, 2019
Squ,

I'm sure we all understand that real life happens sometimes. You will be missed and I look forward to seeing you again.

* Jvonbon thinks he may squat in Fort Vulcan for a time ;) j/k

danw3st

Jul 29, 2019
I regret to inform you all that I must take an extended break for a time.

... I have tried and failed to have this balances with my school work and I can not in good faith keep doing this.

-Sir_Squ

Sad to hear this, but you're doing the right thing. The game requires a lot of time, don't let it distract you from doing the best you can in school.
Keep a dictionary at your elbow ;-)

Reactions: Sir_Squ

Reacher48154

Jul 29, 2019
To the moderators,
Good morning. I posted yesterday and respectfully request a decision. I attempted your ROYGBIV maze yesterday afternoon and fell into a hole during the Blue portion of the maze. I suffer from some aspects of color blindness and wanted to ensure there was not a different shade of blue I needed to take. I would respectfully request a second chance to complete this maze, and also an answer if this would be acceptable or not. I've posted my application above for the benefit of the community.

wotaniif

Jul 29, 2019
I hereby withdraw my application.
If you don't want someone to join you should tell them instead of ignoring. That's just rude.

Reacher48154

Jul 29, 2019
May I ask why? Are you unwilling to be of aid to a mature player who has a physical difficulty that is hampered in your color based test?

DocHuzz

Jul 29, 2019
May I ask why? Are you unwilling to be of aid to a mature player who has a physical difficulty that is hampered in your color based test?
Hey mate, I suffer from red/green deficiency myself. If there's a problem, it should be made known to the proper channels BEFORE attempting something. It isn't a discrimination thing, it's the fact that anyone who fails the maze could use this as an excuse to get a re-do if they aren't paying attention. My apologies mate, may your roads lead to warm sands.

DocHuzz

Jul 29, 2019
At the time that you realized that it was color based, either asking about a moderator or coming back at a later time would have been sufficient action. Again, I am deeply saddened that you find this to be discriminatory and apologize for the result of the actions which were taken. That being said, the rules are as they are. We all wish you the best of luck elsewhere friend.

Razzle

Jul 29, 2019
Reacher48154 I do apologise for the issues that you have had, unfortunately the rules are in place to ensure that only those who have read the original post and understand them can gain access to the server. I know that it can be claimed as discrimination against, but when you enter the maze the meaning of ROYGBIV should become clear, you should have asked if a moderator was online who could have helped you, and if not perhaps come back later when a moderator was on.

jvonbon

Jul 29, 2019
I just want to point out a couple of things. 1) The maze is about attention to detail NOT a way to weed out dumb or color blind individuals. When someone has problems in the maze (i.e. can't tell which color lamp is which or in a recent case one of the lamps was broke) all they have to do is speak up. There is a community on the other end willing to help, but NOT AFTER you have failed BEFORE when you notice you have a problem. 2) The age descrimination is about maturity. We want individuals who will work with the community and not serve their personal agendas. 18+ is the rule but I have seen exceptions made for individuals who show maturity. Further to the point I have seen members over 18 removed once they show the gy lack the maturity to act civil to others (i.e. stealing and abusive language). And if anyone tries to use the fact that they are 50 years old, ordained, vet and handycapped to whatever degree to try and belittle anyone then maybe they aren't showing the maturity sought for bythis server. Good luck in your future endeavors.

Status
Not open for further replies.