Greylist Server DOGS OF THE STATE: OUTPOSTS [FeedTheBeast - MindCrack v8] [1.4.7] [Mature] [Military Minded]

• This section is now closed. Server owners can remake their threads in the new server section here. If you are looking for a server you can use both this section and the new section for the time being.
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Incomitatum

Jul 29, 2019
I'd like to welcome Reladon, a total noob to Minecraft and a personal friend of mine. I have set him up near Matt and Stomp in the Eternal Autum Biome. Be kind and help him, slowly, with the ropes if he asks for help.

Reactions: danw3st

M!C

Jul 29, 2019
I just fixed the nexus pads for the 6th time.

Seriously, if you break one of these by accident, report to a mod immidiately or post it here so we can attend to it.

Next time I find one of the pads broken without the player who did it reporting it to us, I'll just leave it as is. This is a service provided for you guys. Don't make it a time sink for us.

M!C

Jul 29, 2019
Announcement:

24 hours from now we're going to turn firespread back on. For that to not end in a gigantic forest fire we're going to need the help of as many players as possible.
Come online and help us take out as many fires as possible. Even by just being online you can help, since that'll have our massive downpour take out the fires.

Faesyn

Jul 29, 2019
Well, to start off, IamMooningham's house made me crash and I couldn't log back in, sorry Dan, you were giving me a good tour too.. Apparently I ended up banned by an operator after that?

• Have you READ everything before this? Yes, a few times, followed by all the other pages.
  • How long have you spent looking around The Kingdom? Almost an hour. A few issues slowed DanW3st's tour, which abruptly ended when he teleported me into IamMooningham's house for a visit. Where I promptly crashed. And crashed every time I tried rejoining.
  • Where are you from (Example - Iowa or United Kingdom)? Arizona
  • How old are you? 22
  • What gender do you wish to be know by? Male
  • What is your Minecraft Username? Faesyn
  • What other games do you play on a semi-regular basis? A little Faster Than Light, and occasional Diablo 3. Nothing much really.
  • What role do you enjoy taking the most in Minecraft (Eg: Farmer, Builder, Explorer, Digger)? Does Scientist/Mage count?
  • If you are added, how often do you intend to be on? I could be on at least a few hours per day, depending on what else is going on.
  • What is your schedule like, what hours do you most often play? I would normally be available more-so in the afternoon/evening.
  • Why do you think you will be a good fit for the Dogs of the State? The people who were on when I visited the server were nice. I got to tour the server, and I enjoyed the look. A few things weren't working exactly right, but it made the tour more fun. I like servers with mature players, who wont steal things or cry when something goes wrong. I'm the type of person who would rather join in with a project and try to help out, instead of run off into a random corner of the world to build my own little fort.
  • (Optional) What have you seen worked well on other servers that you might like us to implement too? I would rather wait to answer this after I get to see more of the server. But in general, what works for other servers, doesn't necessarily mean it would work on yours. :)

IamMooningham

Jul 29, 2019
Well for one you should have TrainCraft Xycraft and steves Carts disabled. That is most likely why you crashed when you loaded my chunk. And Dan was about to save you but you didn't log in again after the 3rd time and he had to leave for a bit so he had to ban you. It might be reversible. But that is not up to me

danw3st

Jul 29, 2019
Well, to start off, IamMooningham's house made me crash and I couldn't log back in, sorry Dan, you were giving me a good tour too.. Apparently I ended up banned by an operator after that?

• What is your Minecraft Username? Faesyn

Faesyn, sorry your tour involved so many difficulties, normally things go much smoother!

Also, sorry you had to be placed on the ban list, it's a server security issue. It happens anytime a visitor doesn't/is not able, to return to the visitors center.
We'll find some way to co-ordinate times and get you off the ban list and back to the game for an interview.
I'll be in-game tomorrow (Saturday) afternoon, and probably in the evening as well, I'll watch the forum, post a reply when you're ready.

DocHuzz

Jul 29, 2019
Since Dan didn't mention it Faesyn, disable TRAINCRAFT, XYCRAFT, and STEVE'S CARTS before logging on. If this isn't in the OP, perhaps it would be a good idea for someone to look into adding?

Faesyn

Jul 29, 2019
I saw a single line post on page 6 I believe, which said disabling the three mods fixed his problem, so I tried that and It let me connect enough to see I got banned. I figured after I posted that I was banned due to not being in the starting area like Dan mentioned I needed to log out in. So that's fine.. I didn't think you could pull me away from the area, as soon as I hit to connect, my game froze then crashed.

Anyway, I was just trying to get back in to thank Dan for the tour, and head back to visitor center to log out for the night, as I had to leave anyway.. And Dan
Faesyn, sorry your tour involved so many difficulties, normally things go much smoother!
Difficulties are fun, they let you find interesting solutions.. Like having to jump up and down on a teleporter to make it work. :)

wotaniif

Jul 29, 2019
*Have you READ everything before this?
yes
*How long have you spent looking around The Kingdom?
I did the noobmaze and the tour, so about 30min
*Where are you from (Example - Iowa or United Kingdom)?
germany
*How old are you?
*If you are not 18 or older, who is your Sponsor?
yes
*What gender do you wish to be know by?
god
*What is your Minecraft Username?
wotanii
*What other games do you play on a semi-regular basis?
Minecraft is the only thing I play regularly* (other games I played for ~6 Month each, but don't play anymore: D3, sc2, gw1, d2, wc3, bf2, terraria, anno[1702,2142], civ) I usually stop playing, when I'm done with the game.
(* By playing regularly I mean: I started playing during beta and still play)
*What role do you enjoy taking the most in Minecraft (Eg: Farmer, Builder, Explorer, Digger)?
1. Farmer, 2. Explorer, 3. Digger, 4 Builder
*If you are added, how often do you intend to be on?
for the first couple of weeks: ~4h/day. During exams: 0.5h/day (on average), during next semester: ~2h/day
*What is your schedule like, what hours do you most often play?
during weekends/holidays: from 12:00 to 24:00
during semester: after 18:00
during exams-time: after 19:00
(all times UTC+1)
*Why do you think you will be a good fit for the Dogs of the State?
Because I'm Ze German Engineer, ja?
Also I like making farms and trying out all those modpacks.
*(Optional) What have you seen worked well on other servers that you might like us to implement too?
giant railroads
automated farms and factories
*(Optional) If you have any history of Military service, what branch were/are you a part of, what was/is your rank, and where were/are you stationed?
Obergefreiter der Deutschen Luftwaffe (private-first-class of the german airforce)
stationed there http://maps.google.de/maps?q=54.673...24&spn=0.00964,0.01929&num=1&t=h&z=16&iwloc=A
(it's a radar-station in the middle of nowhere)
{redacted for name calling}

jvonbon

Jul 29, 2019
Good morning! It appears as either the server is down or it is not accepting connections again. I'm getting "Can't Reach Server".

Reladon

Jul 29, 2019
I'd like to welcome Reladon, a total noob to Minecraft and a personal friend of mine. I have set him up near Matt and Stomp in the Eternal Autum Biome. Be kind and help him, slowly, with the ropes if he asks for help.

Thanks Incomitatum! Glad to be here. I am learning a little bit more about MC everyday. Thanks for all your help and thanks to everyone on the server for being so friendly, generous, and helpful.

danw3st

Jul 29, 2019
I figured after I posted that I was banned due to not being in the starting area

Faesyn you're off the ban list (today), if you have any trouble logging on to the server try several times before you give up, I'll try to teleport you out of the crash loop.

M!C

Jul 29, 2019
Fire spread is enabled now.
We cleared a 2000x2000 area around spawn, any fires and flammable objects near lava should be gone in there.

So, from now on, be careful with that lighter of yours. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.